Monday, March 21, 2005

The long skinny cotton scarf

I've made progress on my version of the long, skinny scarf done in cotton. I did one version that I think is too long, so I took out 20 stitches in the second crack at it. It's still too long but not so bad. I'm going to cut it to 350 stitches in the next version. I can't wait to do it in the Butterfly cotton. I think the subtle sheen will just punch everything to where I want it to go.

I finished one of the heavy wool socks I'm making for Silas. I bought a painting from Silas last month and I hope to have these done before I make the next installment payment on it. These socks are very heavy, the Briggs & Little troop sock, made from 100% worsted B&L. It's a hard, tough wool that I love. I love the feel of it. I love the ruggedness of it. These ones are made from the midnight blue with narrow, decorative stripes at the top of them in Fundy Fog, one of my very favourite B&L shades.

Now I've got to see if I can't master crocheting. The shawl I started I've decided I don't like. The guage is too big; it's too sloppy, so another rip and reclaim project for Kate. I'm going to knock down the needle size a couple of notches and see what it looks like then.

Happy Naw Ruz...Happy New Year's....Happy vernal equinox to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home