Tuesday, March 22, 2005

More of the same...

I cast on Silas' second sock; hopefully, I'll get this done before the end of the month. Next on the hit list is finishing the baby sweater for Nancy. She's due April 2 (my birthday) and I've got the back, both fronts and one sleeve completed. I just have to do the second sleeve and the hood and stick a zipper in it.

I think I'll feel a little more relaxed about everything once I get some of the partial projects cleaned up and put away. At the same time, I really need to get OFF my own case about what I haven't done. Liz has pointed out to me that my biggest problem is that I don't keep things for myself. What stays in the house is the undone and the disasterous. If it worked and is finished, it's usually gracing someone else's wardrobe. Why is that? I have no idea.

Seriously, if I took inventory, I haven't exactly been Miss Slack Arse. In the past 6 months, I've knit 5 shawls, countless scarves, a child's poncho, 4 pairs of socks and I'm sure a couple of things I've forgotten. It's just that the only thing I see is the pile of undone.

Blogging all this might do me some good in that I'll start seeing some of the positives and not just the "screw up" bits. Tonight I knit about 8 inches on a new scarf I've got in my head and I knit about 6 inches of Silas' sock.

2 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, March 24, 2005, Anonymous Liz said...

Silas is a lucky boy. I am the most recent recipient of a pair of kate's socks cozy and funky. I however had to whine incessantly to get a pair. The nerve!! my best friend made BEOOOTIFUL socks for jon IN MY SIZE!!!! and then had me deliver them through driving snow freezing temperatures up the stairs to the pub Where i was forced to indulge in perhaps one of the best micro brewed beers available here and hang out with the gang for the evening. Sigh.....
The things I do for friends.... But seriously the socks are wonderful and your yarn will be dyed this weekend while the kids go to grandma's. Silas will love them ... I have a digital camera....
Liz aka the best friend

 
At 1:53 PM, March 24, 2005, Anonymous Kate, the oddball knitter said...

Yeah, and don't anyone think I heard the end of the whine whine whine fest from Ms Liz, but I'll leave that story for another day.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home