Thursday, March 24, 2005

What was I thinking??

Email from Newfoundland yesterday: Hi, Kate, here's the Canada Post tracking number on the 45 skeins of mohair you bought from me on eBay...lotsa luck getting rid of it, you freak.

Okay, so the last part wasn't actually in the email but it does bring to bear the question: exactly what does one do with 11,700 m of mohair/acrylic blend. That's right...11 THOUSAND 7 HUNDRED meters. 11.7 kilometers of mohair. I've literally got enough mohair here to string it from here to City Hall, which is a mere 7 kilometers away, and have enough to knit a sweater when I get there. It boggles the imagination. Actually, that mohair string could come in handy for those foggy spring mornings when I'm biking to work at 5:30 am but I digress. In the meanwhile, I'm starting to have a panic attack just thinking about all of it, arriving.

Got a comment yesterday from a non-family member, Karin in Ontario. Thank you Karin...you've provided me all the ammo I needed to compose the following:

Dear Long Suffering and Much Put-Upon Husband:

Every year, for the past 20 years or so, you have asked me what I want for my birthday. And every year, I have answered "Nothing", which has always been true but I recognize has been most frustrating for you.

This year, in sympathy for your ever-rising stress levels, I thought I would cut you some slack and instead of my usual NOTHING answer to the question, I'm going to give you a definitive answer. I want a digital camera. I don't need a zillion dollar bells & whistles one. I need one that I can take pictures of my stuff and post it on the Blog. What is a knitting blog without pictures? It's nothing. And while I can run across the river and show my stuff to Liz and Trish and everyone else, I can't run up to London Ont every second day and show Karin.

Who is Karin? So glad you asked dear, we can discuss all at dinner tonight.

Love,

Wifey


In the meanwhile, Liz the best friend, has reminded again that she does have a digital camera and if I would simply get off my arse and go over there, we'd have all the pictures needed, wanted or required. Mission this weekend: get some freaking photos up on this blog.

In any event folks, the new scarf is bellowing from the knitting basket. I must get to it. Talk at you's later; thanks for reading.

4 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, March 24, 2005, Anonymous Ellen in Conn said...

Hi from a non-local non-family-member. H'm, how did I find you? It was this morning . . . Well, so far I find you very interesting, and not having a camera (yet) makes your writing all the more descriptive. I sold some of my really old yarn collection at the organic farmers' conference - along with fruit baskets, handle-less shovels (for free), an old tractor seat and a stack of magazines. Someone will always want what you don't.

 
At 4:51 PM, March 24, 2005, Anonymous Kate, the oddball knitter said...

Well, Ellen, good to hear from you. Has spring arrived in CT yet? I think we have winter on the run up in these parts. And I really hope we have pics on the site before the weekend's up

 
At 5:26 PM, March 24, 2005, Anonymous Karin said...

So, now there are 2 of us commenting! You officially have a following. I refuse to be gushy, though, and keep in mind I don't do raok's - well, at least not the kind that are constantly being blogged about - if I have spare cash (hardly ever) I'll buy yarn for me, always me. I like to do the real thing - you know, give someone a quarter for a damn grocery cart, or let the old lady or the young mother with a hollering infant in front of me at the checkout.

I do like your description of yourself though, and it matches mine nicely......I suspect I'm just a wee bit older (46) but have freakishly few grey hairs. Something I like to rub in to my favourite sister (I have 6) who is 14 months younger. I know, though, that one day that will just bite me on the ass and I'll turn grey instantly. Oh well, that favourite sister said she'd let me know her best number on the Miss Clairol boxes should I decide to go that way.

Holy Cow - I've about taken over your blog....I'll shut up now.

Patiently awaiting pics,

Karin

 
At 7:44 PM, March 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would buy you a digital camera, but when I checked the mad money account today I found it empty. After following the paper trail to a money order to Newfoundland, I wondered about that? Hmmmmmmmmm
The husband

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home