Friday, April 22, 2005

Another nasty "F" word -- Flop


The Odd Ball Knitter pledges allegiance to the flag, fealty to the Queen and sacrifices small cans of brewed malt to the Felting Gods...it's all in vain.

Not that it was my intention to use this ‘Blog for the express purposes of incessant whining; it does serve that purpose on occasion. Yesterday was the Great Felting and Fulling Fiasco revisited, Episode 27, I think. Okay, there has been some improvement. Yesterday’s attempt at a fulled purse resulted in an “okay” item but so not what was in my head. Again, it’s with the width. The piece shrunk in height and didn’t bloody budge on the width, which when you consider I had made it to accommodate a 20% shrinkage, means my purse is a bagette.

“C’est la vie”, she mutters insincerely, trying to pick up her broken hopes and dashed dreams.

I’ll be able to resurrect the purse of yesterday. It’s not a total lost cause; however, it is not what I was looking for. I have a very specific shape in my head and I will not rest until I have it. You all know what this means…back to Singer. MORE roving. More time, energy and fibre sacrificed only for you all to listen to me next week about how the damn thing didn’t work out. Again.

Liz, if you’re listening, we need to go take some more pictures…I’m thinking this weekend – Sunday? That mohair needs to be captured. For the record, our Liz just dyed the most ass-kicking purply-silvery-pinky-indigoy mohair divine-ness you all ever laid eyes on. And after no small amount of pleading, I managed to score a couple of hundred meters of it from its rightful owner. Apparently I beg better than I full.

And yes, for the record, this is so pissing me off. It irritates the living daylights out of me there is a technique that seems to have the upper hand with me. Darling hubby is just cringing because he recognizes that stubborn little clench in my jaw and knows nothing will deter me now. We’ll be knee deep in discarded projects that didn’t turn out right and I’ll still be obsessing. Hmmmm ... maybe I should call the doctor now and get him to up the meds before this all gets ugly.

Anyway, I’m taking a momentary break from felting (translation: I’m out of black roving until this afternoon) and so I’m into the pile of mohair from hell. I’m knitting a scarf that is very pretty and should use up 200 meters of the bloody 11.7 kilometres of ever-blessed mohair I have in stock.

God, I think I need help.

Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.





2 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, April 22, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

u know i am listening.
the mohaur is indeed divine. I rock. the pumphouse is having Backorder issues in regards to my raw stock . I order 16, they have 4. I want finn tops. they don't have it, merino you say hmmmm not sure, can I get back to ya?
AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH

 
At 2:01 PM, April 23, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

It would be the first time you ever listened without editorial commentary thrown in for good measure....

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home