Friday, April 15, 2005

Book'em Danno....


by Cheryl Oberle

by Nicky Epstein

There are few things I like better than sitting down and knitting. I'd elaborate but this is supposed to be a family column. Having said that, reading knitting books comes a close second. The problem with knitting books is they are so damn expensive.

But April has been a particularly tough month on me. First my mom died from complications with Parkinson and now my uncle has passed on from the same. Two family funerals inside 2 weeks is a bit much and so I'm feeling particularly self-indulgent, so I bought both of these. Both of them!!!! Total reckless disregard for the family finances. Screw it.

I've coveted both of them for a while and I'm going to really take a good look at them this weekend. I'll post a review next week.

In the meanwhile, back on the Trinity Stitch Shawl front, I've banged away at several edgings and so far, NOTHING is doing it for me. I've swatched about 8 so far. My rationale for the Epstein book on edgings is that I don't have a really good resource on that aspect of knitting design yet, so I'm hoping I'll find something there to make this work.

In the meanwhile, I've got to pack for a trip to Halifax. Talk at you'se all laters; thanks for reading.

3 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, April 18, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

be prepared for the rant girls she tried to knit a scarf from one of these books and the comments weren't pretty. there would be a lot of asterixs involved in the retelling

 
At 11:13 PM, April 18, 2005, Blogger 'Thought & Humor' said...

Thought I would stop in to say, "Hi"!!!

Howdy

'Thought & Humor'
http://ilovehowdy.blogspot.com/
Harvard Humor Club
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Harvard_Humor_Club/

 
At 1:14 PM, April 19, 2005, Anonymous Karin said...

Can't wait, Liz. Nothing I like more than reading a good rant, except maybe writing it myself. Such a pain when you toss down large amounts of money for a book with errors....

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home