Thursday, April 14, 2005

Finally, the end (of the Trinity Stitch Shawl) almost


Yes, I am a Drama Queen...your point??!

As if getting my new curtains hung in the same decade in which they were purchased was not sufficient indication of the Coming Apocalypse, I can now add “finished the main body of the Trinity Stitch Shawl in under a month” to the list of signs of coming calamity.

I’m working out how I’m going to finish off the edges. Liz suggested a knotted fringe which sounds just too easy to me. I’ve got my head wrapped around a lace edging. I swatched two possible lace edgings but nothing’s working for me right now. The first one I tried I think is too wide. It’s coming in at nearly 8 inches wide. The second one I tried is a cable and lace edging but I think the cable detail is lost with the yarn. I might try again tonight with size smaller needles. And you know where this will end up – yup…a knotted fringe, exactly what Liz already suggested.

I’m back to work now and it’s good to start in with a routine again. Of course, give me a week and I’ll be lamenting my lack of time off and how the necessity of honest labour cuts into my knitting time.

In the meanwhile, it’s been a while since I’ve worked the night shift, so this little knitter needs to get herself to bed.

Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home