Friday, April 29, 2005

Okay, it's not knitting but...


My new toy

New toy…just what I needed. More to the point, it’s what I wanted for a long time. Brian will probably rue the day but so far, he’s happy about it. If nothing else, a new camera purchase has prodded me to do a little cleanup duty for the sole purpose of not having anyone else see what a heap this place has become. I’m starting the FlyLady stuff again (reference: www.flylady.com ). I had this place almost in shape last summer and now it’s back to its normal state of chaos and I hate it.

Why, of course, am I not showing off pictures from the new camera? Very simple…some damn thingie on the computer isn’t taking to the other thingie which means I can only load the photos from the camera to the laptop and then have YOU KNOW WHO transfer it to the desktop via some date transfer black magic. He promises that he’ll do it WHEN I ask him to. We all know that will last a week, maybe two and then it’ll be like the ‘Blog fix which I asked him to do about a month ago. I’m still waiting. I’m actually waiting until September and if he hasn’t fixed it by then, I’m hiring someone to do it. I have neither the patience to wait nor the inclination to nag.

Isn’t that hideous…the man just bought me a new camera and less than 24 hours after the fact, I’m back in full-time bitch mode.

On the knitting front, and this is a knitting blog after all, so I should make some feeble attempt to parlay the subject back in the direction of textiles, I’ve finished knitting the black felted purse version II. Hopefully, I will manage to sew up the seams today and felt it in the not so distance future, or NOT felt it, which I seem to be much more adept at than felting itself.

In the meanwhile, I see May is just around the corner on the calendar, which gives me an entire month to learn needle felting for the Gagetown Fibre Artist Festival, aka Fibre Options. Details forthcoming but in the meanwhile, if you live in the central New Brunswick/ Saint John River Valley Region, keep June 4th clear on the calendar. I know there will be demonstrations on things all manner wool, including sheep shearing, wool cleaning and preparation, hand spinning (drop spindle and wheel), knitting (hand and machine) and goodness knows what other goodies. I think Liz is slated to do a dyeing demonstration. It’s going to be fun.

For those of you not able to attend it, fear not. I have no doubt it will be ‘Blog fodder for the month of June or better. By then I should know how to operate the new camera and how to actually get the pictures from the camera to the Blog...all that and needle felting too. Yeah, I know; I’m such an optimist.

Talk at you'se all laters; thanks for reading.

5 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, April 29, 2005, Anonymous The hubby said...

If you want full time IT support then start paying me my going rate, 2 bags of Old glory Minitures per call. Until then you are placed in the waiting Queue with the rest of the dead beats.

 
At 1:28 PM, April 29, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

And this after I brought you lunch. And after NOT eating your cookie too.

That's gratitude for you.

 
At 8:39 AM, May 02, 2005, Anonymous The Hubby said...

Further update on the IT front.
Picture if you can. Wife takes lap top and camera to work to transfer pictures.
Friday: Cannot find USB cord, find out about it Saturday morning. Cord in little pocket in case.
Saturday. Call at midnight, camera will not talk to computer. We will have to take camera back if cannot down load pictures. She uninstalled software and reinstalled still would not work. IT Department: I will work on it first thing in the morning. IT department gets hands on equipment. Installed missing drivers, reads instruction manuel camera talks to computer, downloads pictures. 20 minutes tops. Not bad work for two bags of Old Glory Minitures.
Request to transfer pictures was quite demanding wanted to work on blog right away. IT department stops fighting the battle of Kursk with friend in Victoria BC. Connected necessary cords transfers pictures, no blog work down. IT goes back to fighting battle of Kursk

 
At 12:46 AM, May 03, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

what do you mean battle of Kursk 11 male child present at my house had no idea that there was a battle of kursk. Back up troops could have improved the blog sooner, you know he is just a phone call away...

 
At 12:42 PM, May 03, 2005, Anonymous the hubby said...

To Liz
You are falling down in educating your child on history. Battle of Kursk July 1943 saw the largest tank battles of World War II. July 12 in the Prokhorovka region , the largest tank battle in history, over 1500 armoured vehicles involved. That was the engagement we were fighting, which hand to put on hold. Because a "user" wanted pictures transfered.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home