Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Liz, you can stop drooling...


OH yesssssssssss, bad boy, you can join our stitch and bitch anytime...

So what’s up in the Oddball world these days? I mean, other than tracking down photos of Russell Crowe knitting...meow... Of course, being the old married lady I am, I posted it just for my bestest friend ever, Liz.

I’m in the midst of figuring out what edging to put on the mohair shawl. I think I’ve got it narrowed down but I’m ready to start swatching a few things just to say I did it.

The burgundy shawl is about 2/3s done and I’ve reached that bloody awful stage of "oh my sweet suffering bejesus, will this mother ever freaking end?" I’m sure none of you know what I’m talking about since none of you would have any felt that way about any of your knitting projects.

And I just bought enough silk yarn to knit two shawls from a silk supplier in Ottawa. I’ve never bought from her before, so I’m looking forward to finding out the quality. Her prices seem to be very reasonable but not so cheap as to make me wonder about the quality. This silk thing is entirely Liz’s fault. Well, you know I was going to blame her for something. That woman gets me into the worse messes ever. In any event, she’s been moaning about having run out of things to dye because Louët yarns has been slack on delivering her mohair bouclé. Fortunately, I’m such a very good friend, I went out and bought a whack of silk so she can keep herself amused in the evenings. Now that is just pure dedication.

It’s also that time of the week for me to make wild and completely unreasonable predictions of what I’m going to accomplish in the next two weeks. In addition to resolving the Middle Eastern conflict and bringing peace to Northern Ireland and finding a cure for cellulite, I hope to finish my burgundy shawl and the lace edging on the mohair shawl. Oh yeah, and I’ve got to make up some felting stuff.

I’ve got a few crazy ideas that I can put together a display and/or demonstration for the fibre festival in June. Liz and I were talking over coffee last night and we decided we really need to take our show on the road next year. I think there should be something next summer the two of us can light out for and just have ourselves a little fun. Even better if we can dump the kids and make it a "girls be gone" weekend. Maybe we can talk Jacqui Bourque and Trish Campbell into coming along as well. I’m sure there has to be something in the New England region next summer. Anyone with any recommendations for a fun workshop series or fibre festival, leave a message on the comments section, please.

In any event, there are things to be accomplished between now and then and in the meanwhile, I hope to get a bit of stuff accomplished in what remains of this month. Any bets being offered on the likelihood of success? Or is it as it so frequently the case, have I bitten off more than I can chew? I have such glorious plans and I’ve yet to accomplish what I want on the timeline I put forward.

So here’s to all my wild eyed optimism…talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.




6 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, May 24, 2005, Anonymous the hubby said...

Even thou I walk through the valley of the yarn (on the way to the bathroom) I fear no needle. For I am the lifter and totter. Once again more yarn comes in to the valley, even after hearing I will buy no more intill some of it is used up. It is good thing I check this blog. Other wise I would not know about the yarn that is being sumggled in.

 
At 3:36 PM, May 24, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Kate, no don't do it! Don't learn to spin, (Let Liz spin for you!) With all the choices you have available, locally why spin? Fiber takes up so much more room than yarn. I have 3 totes of fiber in the car because there is no room in the house. I live in a very large house.

So the sweet Russel knits, awwwh, so cute. No really, CUTE!

I see your DH caught you smuggling in yarn, your writing about it over public airways did give him the proof positive of his suspicions. The burgundy Lace is coming along nicely, keep pluggin away.

I started adding beads to a poncho for my sis, I am about to the I hate this poncho stage. Your fault I am adding beads you know, you had to add those classy beads to the trinity stitch shawl, and of course I thought I should do the same. I am almost done with the first time around, and will add one more row. I strung them on silk yarn and am crocheting an edge, tedius, but it will look nice and like you said add some weight.
Deb

 
At 8:21 PM, May 24, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

I definitely think spending time surfing for pics of Russell Crowe knitting is worthwhile! What a doll! I could knit (or do something else) with Russell all night long! Ooops... the dirty ol' woman in me is coming out.

 
At 3:10 AM, May 25, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Kate, all those spinners do seem to be happy though don't they??? Eh??
Deb

 
At 3:50 AM, May 25, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

I've got a drop spindle... I just need to find the time to do something with it.

 
At 8:23 PM, June 01, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

I will bring my spindle saturday. Be ready to learn................sorry Brian;)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home