Sunday, May 15, 2005

Oneida's poncho


Front

Back View


It seems to me that when I run out of ‘Blog fodder, I pick on ponchos. I really need to find another straw man to burn. Hang on Canadians, we’re more likely than not to be heading to the polls in YET ANOTHER bloody federal election. That should provide mega-bitch material.

Okay, here’s the happy kid wearing her poncho. Somewhere else, and I’d have to be able to get to my old picture set to post it, I have some detailed photos but here’s the overall perspective. This started out as a stash buster, odds and sods of bits and bites carried with Briggs & Little Aran weight. Then, as one might predict, I went insane and ended up buying a whack of stuff. The stash buster probably increased the size of the stash by a good 20%.

I need therapy.

I can't afford it because I spend all my money on yarn.

In any event, I’m back to the reality of my life and work and that means night shifts. I’m just home and my bed is calling to me.

Talk to you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

5 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, May 16, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Oneida, what a cool name and poncho!
The funeral stuff is happening soon, so at least that part will be over. Thank you for your condolences.
I will soon get my life back to normal, no more hospital and family doings. Looking forward to that.
Deb

 
At 6:08 AM, May 16, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

Thanks Deb...I only know of one other Oneida and that would be her great-grandmother (Brian's grandmother). Little Miss Oneida Eileen was named for two of her great grandmothers, Brian's and my beloved Nanna, Mary Eileen. The name just kind of fit...it's also an Iriquoian word meaning "the long awaited one"...and yes, she was long awaited.

 
At 1:34 PM, May 16, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

the poncho looks great, the kid looks great. The rules say that ponchos are ok for wee ones it is us over thirty non twig shaped women who should avoid them. Those who are as broad as they are long do not look remotely elegant swathed in fringed wool triangles.

 
At 1:36 PM, May 16, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

I attempted to post the photos of my roving and the damned camera can't connect to the damned laptop. Again with the 1001 reasons I wanted my mac.I did however get the yarns poated and I am very pleased.Good photos kate!

 
At 8:54 PM, May 25, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

I think you need to join the webring "Say no to ponchos"

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home