Thursday, June 30, 2005

End of the month wrap up...

Good grief, what do you mean it's July already?? We're half way done with 2005 and I haven't got a damn thing done on June's List of Impossible Dreams. Well, the burgundy shawl is almost finished. It just needs to be blocked and then I'll be able to decide if it's large enough.

I think I'm suffering from separation anxiety. The Bestest Friend Ever, Liz, is off to Rothesay for a couple of days, being Presidential at the New Brunswick Craft Council Rothesay Craft Festival. Our Mme President has worked hard for the last year trying to promote and develop the Council and it's nice to see the Festivals are still a vibrant and important part of the New Brunswick arts scene. However, her absence means I haven't had my usually daily phone call and last night it was disorienting. I didn't exactly mope but things were just out of sorts without our normal hour of straightening out the world to our satisfaction.

Yesterday, I traveled back out to Hanwell to purchase my new knitting machine. One of my newer entries on the "things to do" list, in addition to learning how in hell to use a knitting machine, is to make some more needle felting. Lynn Laagland, the woman who sold me my new machine and a member of the Fredericton Machine Knitters Guild, invited me to demonstrate needle felting as an embellishment technique at the annual Maritime Machine Knitters Conference Sept 30/Oct 1st. I'm looking forward to attending.

The knitting machine will land at my place sometime next week. I can hardly wait. Of course, it's going to take me a month of Sundays to become adept at using it but I plan to join the machine knitters guild to help shorten the learning curve.

In any event, that's the news from this part of the OddBall world. Talk at you'se all laters; thanks for reading.



4 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, June 30, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

Sorry to hear about your separation anxiety, but I'm having a bout of it, too. Yesterday, my sister and her family departed for home (St. Louis)after we spent a long day at Niagara Falls. I'm going to miss my little great niece and nephew (they're twins, age 8).

 
At 4:29 PM, June 30, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Kate,
I am sure the group will be a big help learning to use the machine. Fast reflexes are helpful, when the whole mess drops off, those weights on the toes... ouch! Did the sock pattern make any sense?

 
At 5:20 PM, June 30, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

Deb, I printed it off and I'll have to go through it one step at a time. I'm such a newbie with the machine that NOTHING makes sense to me when I read it through. I'm literally doing things one baby step at a time. But have no fear, Deb, if (when?) I get confused all to hell, you'll hear the grumbles in Kansas.

 
At 12:41 PM, July 02, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

ha ha fooled ya! I was only in Rothesay for the day, actually only for a few minutes.What I did do is travel the back roads all over the place meandering along through every nook and cranny between here and St John followingAlexandra floods ferry systems map.I will be blogging that trip as soon as I catch up on my sleep

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home