Saturday, June 11, 2005

Now that's the way to do it...


I've got to get me one of those...

I meant the knitting machine, by the way. I've all ready got the Liz in the form of 'bestest friend ever" and she's working out quite well in that regard. Think I'll keep her.


Committed? Committed, you say? I ought to be committed. It’s nearing midnight Friday night. La famille, as they say, en France, is heading out to Hopewell Cape NB tomorrow morning at an unspeakable hour and tomorrow is Blog Day. Blog Day being officially designated as the second of the every second day in which I commit more inanity to electrons and fling it far and wide on the World Wide Web.

Today’s topic is:…………………………..

I so haven’t got a freaking clue. I’m going to tap dance while I type and eventually I’ll either have come up with something clever and witty or just pedantic and redundant, but either way, the DAMN column will be written. It all helps, on every level, that I’m operating on little or no sleep and that it’s hotter than the hubs of Hell around here tonight, hotter being defined as more than body temperature and I can’t actually see my breath in the air which was the entirety of the month of May in Atlantic Canada.

I had a clever little schtick going there for a while. When I ran out of productive things to talk about, I always had the gimme topic of slamming ponchos on grown women. And, for the record, it was working until Deb from Dudley Spinner went and loused up an otherwise cheap gag by making an attractive, stylish and flattering rendition of the ever dreaded and much maligned poncho. Thanks, Deb, I so owe you one. I have every intention of getting you, and your little dog too…ooopps, wrong script.

I know what you’re all thinking. This is, ostensibly and by advertisement, a knitting blog. Why don’t you talking about knitting? Well, I could, except the only thing on the needles these days is that burgundy shawl which is in exactly the same place it used to be, just farther along. I’ve got about another 20 rows to knit before I start the edging on it. Total waste of time taking a picture of it at this point.

The news of the day is that I did buy a knitting machine, second hand. I’d tell you all about it except I haven’t actually laid eyes on it. Trish, from the Singer Store, knew I was in the market for one and scored one for me. I pick it up Monday.

Liz and I were busy this afternoon doing product shots for her. She’s got some applications out to do artist residencies locally and needed to get the applications in.

So more or less, I’m pretty much at the point where I can honestly say I’ve got a little bit of everything but not a lot of anything accomplished. I’m sure there’ll be more to discuss later.
Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

6 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, June 11, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Kate,
I entered the Spin Off Magazine contest with that poncho. We shall see. I may become famous (or at least an honorable mention)

So Monday is the arival date of the knitting machine. Looking forward to that. I made bears with mine,(knitting machine) bears and angora rabbits. And afghans, lots of afghans. You will love it, a way to knit up yarn faster than you ever dreamed.
Deb

 
At 10:47 PM, June 11, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

Do we need to vote somewhere?? You have Liz's vote all ready. I, of course, am holding out until I have a fuller understanding of the inventory of your liquour cabinet.

 
At 2:22 PM, June 12, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

that's right Kate it's all about the aberlour...

 
At 8:17 PM, June 12, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Kate,
I hate to dissapoint, the liquour cabinent is non existant. We just use the fridge, for beer. (More German blood than Celtic.) I believe the voting will be by the Interweave Press Staff. I only made a fool of myself to Betsy Blumenthal, and maybe she doesn't get a vote. Theres a story, it involoves altitude, hypoglyceamia and not keeping my mouth shut. Bad scene.

 
At 11:22 PM, June 14, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

I must say that is the best picture taken of me since my wedding day, and we all know how that turned out.;)
At least i am not wearing 40 miles of polyester tulle in this one. correction, 46 miles. I forgot abou the hideous headgear.
Quote from my lovely Jason:
most of us can read the writing on the wall.We just assume it is addressed to someone else.-Ivern Ball

 
At 9:34 AM, January 07, 2006, Anonymous Steven Sunseri said...

Interested. Keep Blogging!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home