Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Try this felting stuff A-Gin...


It's a start



Snort. Sneeze. Cough. Hack. Wheeze.

The dust bunnies gave up one hell of a fight but I think I’ve prevailed, for the most part.

Maybe.

I’ve got most of my bedroom/studio space half ways cleaned up and with any luck, and a year or two at the most, it might be fit to work in. The big problem is that I have this wonderful knitting machine parked in the middle of it and when I’m packing up stuff, it keeps singing, “Oh, Katie, my little odd ball, come play with me.” And so I do because it would be rude to refuse it.

Ohhhhhhh, yes it would. You know it would be and us Maritime girls are nothing if not polite.

Yesterday was a play around day. I knit tension swatches for the most part with my most used wool, good old Briggs and Little. I wanted to have an idea what the different tensions looked like and I managed to get three done. I also learned how to increase a stitch and I’m getting very proficient at unravelling my knitting. The knitting machine is going to really kick a whole in the stash - at least that’s my hope and dream. Now I’ve got to figure out what I’m going to do other than knitting squares.

The yardage I knit this morning -- literally a yard -- took me about an hour. That includes the several false starts, the odd swearing session and a rummage through the stash for a co-ordinating yarn when the first ball ran out. Eventually, this will become a needle case. I’m hoping. At least, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

The other little knit do-dad will be a purse once it’s felted and I’m planning on using some needle felting as the primary embellishment technique.

Short column today because I go back to work tomorrow and there are things to get done. One of which is to drop hubby’s new bike down to the shop for adjustment. Yes, dear, I haven’t forgotten your new toy. Oneida and I both need haircuts. And I’m thinking groceries might be a necessity around here soon.

Happy Summer Solstice to you all. Talk at you’se laters; thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home