Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Up Late, Up Early....

I had such ambitions of completing last night's column in time to publish early this morning, but alas...life interferred.

The big news is that I finally figured out what to do with the silk yarn I purchased from a dealer in Ottawa. By the way, it's beautiful silk. I got 400 g of silk noile and 300 g of spun bombyx for $80. It's currently at Liz's for dying. We've kicked around a couple of colourways but I think we have settled out on earth colours for the noile since it already has a bit of grey earthy cast to it. The spun bombyx is headed for the lavender, lilac, amythest, purple end of the dye pot.

Yesterday, in the midst of all the madness that was yesterday, I managed to drop into String Fever, a Fredericton textile gallery. Our gal Liz was doing her volunteer gallery sitting shift there and there was some fantastic things there. I managed to score a felted flower napkin ring that is just too cool for words. I'll publish a picture of it tomorrow, or maybe even later tonight, provided my life settles down to something half-assed sane.

I managed to get one of those charming little crinks in my neck so it's time to get myself to the chiropractor while I can still feel my hands. I'm only overdue by a minimum of six months. I have this awful habit of only going when I can't move instead of monthly like a smart girl.

Okay, and for the record, summer can arrive any time now. It's mid-June and I'm considering pulling out my long johns to come to work. Global warming? I'm thinking about now would a good time to start.

Talk at you'se all laters; thanks for reading.

6 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, June 15, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

The napkin ring is truly lovely. I am soooo envious! am kind of excited that denise is moving back to NB she is doing wonderful stuff with felt.

 
At 9:15 AM, June 16, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Kate, if you or anyone wants a place to send any type of crafts stuff that you want to get rid of, I have a customer in Guelph, ON that runs an afterschool program and homeless shelter for teens. They can use about anything for the crafts program. The teenage kids think knitting is revolutionary! They were making smittens, fingerless gloves. She is very grateful for bout anything.

 
At 11:31 AM, June 16, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

Liz...woman...you hear that...let's clean house.

 
At 12:10 PM, June 16, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

I am definately on that bandwagon, You know me and at risk youth. My own personal soapbox...

 
At 7:23 PM, June 16, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

Congrats! I see you're part of the knittig blogs and were approved today. I'm still waiting..... ZZZZZZ

So when are we going to see the napkin ring?

 
At 8:34 PM, June 16, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

Post a pic of that bad baby (knitting machine) and tell me all about it. I've been wanting one... but I think I want to learn to spin first. I keep telling myself "baby steps, you can't have it all at once." But then my dysfunctional personality says go for it, do it all NOW!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home