Monday, July 25, 2005

The Faux Russian Stole


One repeat and a bit...

I can't wait to see this blocked. It's a wonderful lace pattern and my old stand-by, Briggs & Little singles is the perfecct yarn for it. It has the body that good solid lace like this needs to give it form. I'm about 1/3 through the second pattern repeat, out of 5 in total. It's knitting up fairly fast and I'm pleased with it so far.

It's taken directly from A Gathering of Lace by Meg Swanson, School House Press, p 16.

I need to do a bit more of the needle felted Celtic knot before I take a picture of it. Right now, it makes 'no sense' -- it's just unrelated blobs of colour. I'm felting a illustration from The Lindisfarne Gospel and once I have enough of it done for it to make sense, I'll publish it.

Talk at you'se all laters; thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, July 25, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

The stole is absolutely beautiful. I haven't tried any lace patterns yet. It seems as if a niece or nephew is always requesting another sweater! Again, the stole is stunning. Be sure to post a picture when it's completed!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home