Sunday, July 03, 2005

Frogging...you gotta love it...


Rip-it ... rip-it...

I’ve hummed. I’ve hawed. I’ve walked in circles, contemplated, re-thought, considered and pondered to no avail and there’s no escaping the notion that the burgundy mohair shawl is too small. Yes, it still needs to be blocked but blocking *might* bring it to the barely acceptable dimension and certainly nothing spectacular. So now all I need is to develop the courage to rip the edging out and pick up all 500 + freaking stitches and… sigh.

Moral of the story -- go with your gut instincts. When I first got ready to cast it off, I was a bit dubious. It would have been so much easier to knit another 10 rows then but I managed to talk myself out of it. You see, Liz, this is what happens when I follow the freakin’ instructions. Every time I follow the pattern, I end up pissed off.

So, that’s the story on the burgundy stitch shawl. I’m leaving it alone however until I finish the edging on the other mohair boucle shawl. I know it’s been a while but I’ve got about 3 inches of the lace edging done on it. There’s a lot of stitches in each round, along the lines of 460, if memory serves correct.

On other news, tonight is the last night shift before vacation. Tomorrow I pick La Princesse up from Girl Guide camp and this week, my new knitting machine will arrive. That should constitute some serious Blog fodder or some more exercises to hone my cursing abilities. I’m looking forward to it but at the same time, that sense of panic that I’m no where close to having stuff ready for jurying has not abated. The way I look at it, I’ve got 2 months to knit 5 really solid pieces and I’m not anywhere there yet. So the knitting machine may get tucked in a corner for a couple of months until I can relax enough to play and enjoy myself.

In any event, I’ll sort it out eventually. Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

2 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, July 04, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

I just wanna crap my pants everytime I have to frog! My woes have been in computerland (or should I say computer hell?). I had to re-do my entire blog. I used every curse word known to man during the rebuilding phase. I think I even created a few new words! Happy froggin'....

 
At 2:33 AM, July 05, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

I am also froggin, actually unknitting, because it is safer, I am unknitting the hat with 346 stitches, I decreased too many.

I am also knitting my first pair of sock on the mircle knitter. I will blog about it tomorrow, too many fireworks and too much bbq to do it tonight! Flat socks, who knew?
Deb

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home