Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Again with the sweater


Almost done

Well, finally we have a sweater that is wearable by a human baby. This has been what....three tries later? For the most part, I like it although there are a couple of details that I'm not overly happy with.



The picot edging

I've decided that machine knitting is the perfect activity for the woman who has everything, including three arms and stainless steel molars. Good grief, this has been frustrating but I'm sure it is coming together.


The Baby Sweater from Hell

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, this son of a Bleep bleep. Somewhere, somehow in its misadventures, it managed to unknit the left front and recast itself on as a right front because I sure as hell didn't knit two right fronts......

I'm going to be 85 and still working on this freaking sweater. Do I quit? Oh, hell no, that would be smart...and so not the OddBall way.

Talk at you'se all laters; thanks for reading.

6 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, August 17, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

I think it's gorgeous. I love the color and the picot edging. Don't you think it was worth the ummm..... effort?

 
At 1:26 PM, August 17, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

I suspect that it will be worth the aggrevation once I've got it finished, as in button on, all the ends tucked in, blocked and on the baby. Right now, it feels so much like just another unfinished project. And I am starting to "get" what the hell I'm doing. Yesterday, I figured out a more efficient way of making it, which for me is a big bonus. There's no change in the actual pattern but if you change the order in which you knit the pieces, it saves a lot of taking off the machine, putting back on.

 
At 7:51 PM, August 17, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Kate,
It is beautius! It turned out so pretty. I got the e-spinner yesterday, and spun up about two pounds of roving last night! It rocks. A little overspun but so fast. I am plying with it now. I love new toys!
Deb

 
At 7:52 PM, August 17, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Kate,
your sweater is beautius! It turned out so pretty!
I got the e-spinner yesterday, and spun up about two pounds of roving last night! It rocks. A little overspun but so fast. I am plying with it now. I love new toys!
Deb

 
At 9:59 PM, August 17, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

I wanna new toy.pout. oh well maybe I'll get a new puter or somethin. or a car, yet the price of gas is frightening.

 
At 10:09 PM, August 17, 2005, Blogger jeffysspot said...

wow ..if you were to take a closeup picture of that it would make a good webpage backround

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home