Sunday, August 07, 2005

Houston, we have a problem....


Sometimes, anatomy IS destiny

Well, I spend all afternoon chained to the knitting machine, muttering mostly to myself but occasional breaking into a stream of epithets at the poor fool who had the effrontery to disturb me. It’s not been pretty and for the most part, not safe to irritate me in any way, shape or form.


I was doing pretty good. I managed after just a few go ‘rounds to make both the left and the right front. Getting the armhole decreases and the neck hole decreases on the corresponding correct sides took a minute or two but after a few valiant attempts, a bit of ripping and the odd mutter, it all came together. Now, on this pattern, you pick up stitches from either side of the raglan and knit the sleeve directly on, knitting from shoulder to cuff.

It’s all pretty simple, really, which beggars the imagination as to how in hell I managed to soooooooo f*** it up. I had the right sleeve all done and was sitting back, admiring my efforts when it suddenly dawned on Kate, the DumbAss Knitter that I had attached one side of the sleeve not to the shoulder portion of the sweater back but to the back of the neck.

Now Barb Telford of Woodsmoke Farms and Woolworks claims there is only so many ways you can knit a sweater but apparently, I’ve spend the best part of the last two days proving her wrong. I’ve never seen Joan’s little grand-niece, and by all reports, she’s physically normal in all respects and does not have an arm growing from the nape of her neck.

It’s back to the knitting machine. Thank God I bought more than one ball of yarn. Hmmmm, wonder how I can massage this one to blame Diana? In any event, this stuff is getting relegated to the recycle bin.

Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

2 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, August 08, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

umm, Kate it seems to be your week for arm, umm, problems, no? I am definately detecting a theme here. You know, Karma and all...

 
At 8:52 AM, August 08, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

Yeah,I think I've been run over by the Karma Train. Must be all those flattering things I've said about your ex....

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home