Sunday, August 07, 2005

Odd Ball Frustration


Baby sweater back

For those of you who may have thought I was dead, given the lack of 'Blog updates, alas I am not. I've been chained to a knitting machine instead. Death is starting to look like a reasonable option but I digress.

Quick...somebody, any body, please remind me that in truth, machine knitting is actually faster than hand knitting. It's even faster at my glacial pace. Actually, I may hold the new world's record in most errors made in an hour in the single contestant category.

This is going to be a baby sweater for my supervisor and dear friend's new grand-niece. This assumes I'll have it knit before the little one gets her driver's license.

For the record, this is not my idea of relaxing. I'm finding it very stressful -- I suspect I'm finding it tooth grinding stressful. I know, I know... If I keep at it, eventually it's all going to come together.

Actually, I think I'm ready for it to come together now.

In any event, I promise to write more later but right now, I really need some sleep. Talk at you'se all laters; thanks for reading.

5 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, August 07, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

It looks great, and there are no blood or sweat stains on it! So all is well. Tell me about the edging on it. Did the knitting monster do it or did you hand knit it?

 
At 12:13 PM, August 07, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

The sweater back is still untouched by human hands. The edging is a turned picot hem which looks very nice. I chose this pattern because it didn't require the use of the ribber bed. I thought I'd have one headache at a time. I hope to start incorporating the ribber into stuff soon, probably next month.

 
At 6:51 PM, August 07, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

I think its purdy. almost makes me want another rugrat.but hey maybe I'll just have a martini

 
At 12:05 AM, August 08, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

the martini was goooood no more ovary twitching.

 
At 11:35 AM, August 09, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

I think a martini is the better choice between the two! I do love that edging and I didn't realize that knitting machines could do somethin' so fancy!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home