Sunday, August 21, 2005

Odd Ball Musings...


BSFH...almost done

It’s done, it’s done, it’s done. I feel like that scene in the Wizard of Oz and I should be dancing around my knitting machine, chanting “The Witch is dead; the Witch is dead”.

The official Baby Sweater From Hell ™ has finally come off the knitting machine. There are a few details, like the side seams being done and a button sewn on but it’s done. Okay, I have a spare left front but don’t we all need a few spare parts around the house. According to my finely honed calcuations, it should spontaneously burst into flames at any moment.


Four Christmas socks

Also, completed, sewn, washed, blocked and ready for embellishment are four Christmas stockings. They need some do-dadding but overall, it’s pretty much a tick in the win column. I've worked the technical bugs out of the pattern and am ready to hit production mode with them. It's going to work out.

The wrap up here is that in the past two week I have knit two baby sweaters and four extra large Christmas stockings. Burning question: why do I feel so damn unproductive these days?


Abandon all hope, ye who enter here


Hint: it’s right there. That’s the ‘to-do’ pile and it’s eating at me. I work and work and work and the stash gets bigger. I so need to get cracking on the knitting machine and whittle that down to something a little more manageable.

Diana, you S.E.X. fiend, get away from me…I was doing so well until YOU went and started up with the stash busting BS. You unbalanced the universe and now we all have to pay.

And phhhhhhhhhhhfffffffffffffffffffffftt…to the OddBall IT and Technical Support Division for the smart ass comment about how the new freezer in the kitchen makes for a simply divine yarn storage container.

Well, it's time to go tackle that 'to-do pile'. Talk at you'se all laters; thanks for reading.

4 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, August 21, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

I had a lot of yarn given to me as well. About 20 4 oz skeins of persian crewel wool! Nice stuff, a little stiff, but did I mention its dmc persian wool???
What to do with it all? I made a purse from two skeins,
Deb

 
At 3:07 AM, August 22, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

is that new yarn I see?

 
At 6:44 AM, August 22, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

Oh yeah, and you know it... Like I said, I've got a zillion miles of wool around here but I do recall if anyone had given me a baby anything in 'hand wash; lay flat to dry', I'd have smoked them.

The two big bags isn't new. You were there when we did the B&L run.

 
At 8:51 AM, August 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The freezer does make such a nice storage area. You have it so nicely arranged. It has a zen like feeling to it. Did you take up the ancient Japanese art of wool ball arrangement?
IT support

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home