Monday, August 29, 2005

Thank God that's over!


Another baby sweater

Yeah, yeah, yeah…I know. I’m late. I’m about 2 days late with the ‘Blog but some time ago, I got hit on the head by a piece of falling space debris just as one of my co-workers asked me to switch my day shifts for her night shifts. Apparently, the last words I gasped as they loaded me into the ambulance was “What the hell?” and this was taken as agreement to aforementioned shift change.

Once the concussion had subsided and about two weeks way past too late to change my mind, the awful truth of a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night shift, in August sunk in. What’s the probability of getting any knitting done in that mess? Not so good, I’m telling you for nothing.

Hello, I’ve got 15 years on the job. You would really think I’d be smarter. But, it’s over. In about another 10 years, I will have recovered from this spot of foolishness.

I did manage to retain last week’s hard earned knowledge on knitting machines. Today, I managed to do the front of the little blue sweater and the sleeve in under 45 minutes. Now, I’m starting to pull it together.

The Silk Shawl

I haven’t abandoned hand knitting. This is the purple silk shawl I’m working on. By my calculations, it’s about 4 feet in diameter right now. I want to add about another 8 inches, maybe 9 and then there’s an 8 inch border going around it and a second smaller border.

Anyway, I’m tired. It’s nap time. Later everyone.


Close up of the centre of the shawl

By the way, all of you put your heads together and come up with a really groovy way to block a 6’ diameter circular silk shawl? Quick calculation the other night, it’s going to have a circumference in excess of 18’. Now that’s a blocking project.

Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

3 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, August 30, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

many pins.
many friends.
no kids.
no IT department.
no cat.
one bottle of balvenie doublewood.
sell the LR furniture and use the carpet. B&O can sit on pillows.Who needs a couch

 
At 3:07 PM, August 31, 2005, Blogger Grace said...

Yes, LOTS of pins.

Can you fold it in half and pin it out that way?

 
At 9:09 PM, August 31, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

she really wants a new couch anyway. I say go for the zen.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home