Tuesday, September 06, 2005

How very Odd...


An most unusual sight


Dear and Gentle Readers, any guesses as to what the miracle above should be?

Why, yes, it is my bedroom floor. And guess what? There’s, like, tiles there. Please note the amazing lack of piles and piles of plunder, laundry, last decade’s work pants, things to be ironed, things to be mended, things that need to be sorted. I will confess it was largely the efforts of the OddBall IT and Technical Support Division who saved the day. Something about not wanting me to keel over from an asthma attack which was a very real possibility. I nearly got done in by a dust bunny on Friday last and the bedroom went from an appalling mess to a health hazard.

I think I’m going to paint it today.

I know, this is knitting blog and I really have a duty to blog about knitting, so here goes:

The purple silk shawl…same place just more of it. It’s just a little better than 5’ in diameter. Needs a few more inches.

The Faux Russian Stole, remember that? Haven’t done a damn thing to it.

The knitting machines…well, that’s really the Odd IT And Technical Support Division’s nefarious plan. Apparently, patience is running a little thin with having to vacate the kitchen every time he wants to make a piece of toast. The bedroom/studio space is going to transformed from bedroom/laundry pile/junk drawer to proper studio space.

So, I’m off to the paint store for some little chip things and then it’s off to consult with Liz whom I haven’t laid eyes on in forever. She’s probably gone all buff on me and I won’t recognize her.

First day of school… now just how wrong would it be fore the two Mommas to sit in the September sun and drink a couple of Tim Horton’s spiked with Kahlua? I’m thinking it’s a good plan.

5 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

My goodness! It is still there after all. I had a blast at the wool festival. Came back all tan and energized with new ideas and just a tiny bit of fiber. Hey now quit rolling your eyes. only one fleece came back with me It could have been MUCH worse!
Deb

 
At 9:29 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

It's definitely a good plan. I will raise a glass of spiked OJ tomorrow morning on behalf of kids going back to school. I haven't been knitting much lately. I've been wrestling with a damn sweater!

 
At 10:59 PM, September 06, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

In the interests of full disclosure, we did NOT drink Kahlua in our Tim Horton's coffee. We went straight from the paint shop to the Hilltop and scarfed beer and mussels.

Okay, does it make me a bad mommy to be really pissed that they only have a half day school tomorrow??

 
At 9:02 AM, September 07, 2005, Anonymous the hubby said...

The IT Division struck again last night. A very large and heavy oak desk was moved out so that the knitting Machine can be moved out of the dining room. All I heard last night was it was not fair that it was only a half day of school today

 
At 10:52 AM, September 08, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

make the kid paint.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home