Saturday, September 17, 2005

A Sign of Progress.


The OddBall is in residence


On a couple of the webrings that the OddBall Knittery belong to are pretty clear about their rules. You have to blog about knitting and you have to blog frequently. I think the suggested guidelines are weekly. I am so going to get my ass kicked off them if they do a check anytime this month. When’s the last time I mentioned knitting? I mean other than the fact I haven’t knit a damn thing?

It’s coming, it’s all coming together. Soon machine and needles and yarn and space and time shall come together in a great harmonious uplifting and Textiles -- they shall be borne. Have faith, dear Readers. Have faith.

In fact, you see where the lighting for the Odd Ball Knittery, Bar Grill and Bitch Session has arrived. When the lights are on, the OddBall is in residence! Drop in for a coffee if you’re vaccinated against dust bunnies.

Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

Oh, yeah, by the way…next week I’m teaching. Unlikely I’m going to knit a damn thing next week either. In fact, I’ll consider it nothing short of miraculous if I’ve found all the knitting plunder before Christmas.

I'll blog about it anyway. Who are these organized people who manage to have a life, knit and write about it too?? I'm thinking 2 out of 3 is good ...

7 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, September 17, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

I too have neglected the knitting. I am guilty of not touching needles in days. Oh but I am felting a lovely that is hanging out with joe poet at the casemates.

 
At 8:53 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

I'm lovin' the light! It's tough to see it all the way over here in NY, but I'll keep an eye open! My knitting time has been next to null as I've been working 12-hour shifts on days. By the time I get home, my brain is mush. I think a criterion for a knitting blog should be a post about alcohol at least twice a month! Then we won't be in jeopardy of being kicked off the blog circuit.

 
At 9:19 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

I hear you Diana.

 
At 9:36 PM, September 21, 2005, Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

Well, I saw the WORD knit a whole bunch. Does that count? It should.

 
At 7:35 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Radona said...

Looks good, love your cubes for yarn and if I trusted that my dh loved me enough, I would do it too, but I am seriously pushing it with the scrap paper in the cubes in the dining room. I have 6 rubbermaids full of yarn and he can't see that so it is invisible you know. and talking knitting/organizing of knitting is almost as good as knitting! and you crack me up as usual!

 
At 7:36 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Radona said...

oh, forgot to mention I found a new pattern for a very cool scarf for dneice that I am shopping for yarn for. very unique scarf!

 
At 8:56 AM, September 25, 2005, Anonymous Susan said...

Hey Kate! I'm lovin' the light and think I must have one pronto. I too have posed the musical question: How does one knit, write and try to have some semblance of a life whilst maintaining a modest alcohol blood level? Let's discuss. Or maybe better to use that discussion time for knitting and sipping instead.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home