Monday, October 10, 2005

Back with the hats


It's going to be a hat.

Well, now that my OddBall life has returned to half-assed normal, that is, half-assed is a normal state of existence around here, I’ve been able to get some knitting done.

Liz and child came over for Thanksgiving dinner. Beer was drank. Turkey was ate. I knit. Liz demonstrated her latest insanity, the Termari ball. What, pray tell, you ask is a Termari ball? It’s one of those typical Japanese art forms…you know, incredibly bloody complicated in its simplicity and completely useless but amazing beautiful. I haven’t the patience for any of it. I have, however, put my Christmas order in for one.

I, on the other hand, am sticking to the knitting for a while. At least until I get out from under the Stash. The above is my attempt at the Entrelac Hat that I learned how to do at the Machine Knitters Seminar last weekend. I thought I’d best practice some of these new skills and techniques pronto before I forget them all. The purple bits are waste yarn so don't get all excited. It's a very boring off-white and royal blue hat.

Short column -- I have things to do and people to totally piss off … yes, I’m working overtime. Good grief, does life get any better than getting paid double time for having fun? I’m thinking not.

Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

Kate,

When you were talking about Thanksgiving dinner, I thought both you and Liz had too much to drink. Then I remembered Canadians celebrate T-day in October! LOL! I hope you had a wonderful dinner. Don't work too hard. I think I'm doing enough of that for the both of us. Nursing sucks!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home