Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Doing the DoneButs.


I know, I’ve been a bad ‘Blogger. Very bad blogger.
We’re back to the age old issue that its so much easier to write about knitting when you’re actually knitting. I have the next 10 days off from work and this chick is going to get some knitting done.

I’m on round two of the mohair scarf. The original version -- HOLD THE FREAKING PRESSES -- is all done. I mean DONE. Not 90% done. Not almost done. Not done except for …it’s DONE. Done to the fringes. Done to the ends darned in. Done blocking. Bloody done. Okay, the fringe needs trimming, but other than that, it’s done.

Mission 1 this week…getting the done but’s done. I’ve got 3 or 4 baby sweaters that are done but… and a half dozen Christmas stockings that are done but..

Mission 2: making a pair of socks on that knitting machine. It’s really bugging me that I can’t do what I want on that thing and I’m taking a steady run at it this week.

Mission 3: who are we kidding? I’ll do good to accomplish those two.

Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading. Updates on my current levels of frustration will be posted on a semi-regular basis.

4 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, October 26, 2005, Anonymous the hubby said...

I notice on the things to do while on vacation there is no sweater for the IT Division.

 
At 3:22 PM, October 26, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

What? Ten days off work!!! I'm so jealous. I tell you, nursing sucks; they work you to death. I have three Done Buts on my dining room table. You've inspired me to think about finishing them. Notice I said "think about." Good luck on the socks! A little advice before you start on the socks: have a gin & tonic or two before sitting down with the knitting monster!

 
At 6:33 PM, October 30, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

call Barb. she has sock answers. Read the blog, was meaning to call, and couldn't find you in the damned book.

 
At 6:35 PM, October 30, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

oh, I also have a black cashmere scarfless coat.
But I can't do your hair like our own sweet Dale

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home