Thursday, October 06, 2005

More Outrageous Make Believe...


An OddBall Corner of Life

I’ve come to the odd but inescapable conclusion that writing a knitting blog is considerably easier if one is actually knitting. I remember knitting. I used to do it on a regular basis. Perhaps my life shall change in that direction again and then I shall knit again.

In the absence of any knitting to talk about, let’s talk about my ‘not knitting’ life. I’m still in the process of organizing the studio space. This is what I’ve got so far. The machine and yarn barns in one corner and a wool winding area in the other corner. Not exactly General Motors, eh?


The wool winding section

The stash isn’t even out of the basement yet. This stuff is never going to get knit up because when I finally see it all in one place, I’m going to have a coronary.

Okay…update on the things I haven’t knit:

The purple silk shawl…nothing done there yet. Started an border pattern, hated it, ripped it out. I'm technically waiting for an answer from the foundation I'm knitting it for on some little tidbit of trivia but that's just an excuse to cover up for the fact I'm more or less lazy about drafting. {Editorial Note: And damn that Deidre Moynihan, Executive Director of the Tyler Hamilton Foundation for getting back to me with that information in about 2 minutes flat, thereby completely mucking up what had been a really good excuse for being a lazy arse...Guess what I'm doing tonight?}

The Faux Russian Stole… haven’t touched it. I'm still three repeats in with another two to go.

The Machine Knit baby sweater…got all the arms on it (and in the right places, I might add, you lot of smart arses), collar on, one front band done, the other awaits my set of days off because it’s nap time. I’m working tonight and tomorrow night. Good grief, did I really start that August the 29th? And this is what? Oct 6th? I so need to get off my arse, NOW.

All you Canucks out there…Happy Thanksgiving! I’ve got some of it off but am working a fair amount of overtime this weekend. Let’s all bow our heads and give thanks for the blessing known as Double Time. You just know it means more yarn.

Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

3 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, October 09, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Kate,
does thanksgiving in Canada mean turkey, pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce and the the football marathon that goes on for days?
My DH is an RN and works every holiday he can, nights so he rakes in the $$$ over the holidays and we just reschedule to the following Monday. It works for us.
Deb

 
At 7:55 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

The studio is definitely taking shape! It's much better than my trail of knitting that I leave all over the house! I need to consolidate!

 
At 1:28 PM, October 14, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

oh yes we get turkey and pie and cranberries and pina coladas and beer. To hell with the endless football. Kate and I both are english fooball(AKA Soccer Fans)
Lizzie

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home