Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Nothing exciting -- it's a blocking board


Another task checked DONE



I’ve been on a right proper tear the last couple of days. I was so frustrated by the last two weeks of not being able to knit, not doing anything to further my goals, that I really have this cache of pent up energy.

Monday, I dyed rovings for needle felting. The Liz and I made a pilgrimage to Briggs & Little and between the two of us, dragged home some 5 pounds of fleece to dye, which reminds me, it’s all in one bag and I need to take Liz’s pound over to her.

Today’s project was the undone blocking board. For years, I’m telling you, years, I’ve been threatening to build myself a board to block things on. And every time, it’s the ironing board or the bed or … blah blah. About two months ago, I reared up on my haunches and decided I was making myself one, right there and then. I got the board. I even covered it with the polyester batting. And there it sat, at the end of the hall, behind the coat rack, very much unfinished. All it needed was for me to put the white flannel cover on it. I even had the damn flannel. The official excuse is that I didn’t have a staple gun to do the job right. The real reason, I got sidetracked on something else.

In any event, the massive studio cleaning push has brought some of these half finished projects to the forefront. I have at least a half a dozen things that need just a bit of work on to complete. That’s the mission for October -- get things in gear and finished.

Caveat: if the OddBall IT and Technical Support Division gets all beaky about a certain unfinished sweater, I’m going on strike.

In any event, it’s time to rinse tonight’s offerings to the yarn gods and head to bed. Tomorrow is another long working day for this OddBall girl.

Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

3 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, October 05, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Kate
have you seen the Odd Ball Sweater, it is a chevron shaped sweater that is so versatile! There is a photo on this site that has several women wearing them.
Deb
http://www.inknitters.com/Issue4/issue4_overview.htm

 
At 12:13 PM, October 06, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

Pretty cool looking, isn't it?

I wonder if you can get back issues for the magazine? I'll have to investigate.

 
At 11:11 PM, October 06, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

Wow. you got all organized on me. Damn.I have new organization tools too.But they are for the girly girl.pout.I will get back to you on the turkey thing with the boychild

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home