Tuesday, October 18, 2005

OddBall Vacation


Half the scarf

Well, the sock has pissed me off. It’s off the machine. Unfinished. Scheduled for demolition.

The dishcloth pissed me off and it’s off the machine. Unfinished. Scheduled for demolition.

The scarf pissed me off and it’s…are we detecting a trend here?

Two days ago, you could have bought that knitting machine for $1.98 and I would have thrown in free shipping and about a million miles of yarn. So, in order to calm my unsteady nerves, I did what I like best, sit on the couch and knit. I mean REAL knitting… I’m all anti-machine knitting this week. Two sticks and a ball of really nice mohair. You have to admit, there is something cosmically weird that I’m so stressed out from knitting that I need to knit to relax. Yeah, I know…try living in this body.


The up close and personal view


This is the same ‘pattern’ I made in the spring, basically 2 repetitions of Old Shale or Feather and Fan for those of you who prefer that label. This time I added the much needed selvage stitches. I’m liking it. It makes me happy.

Tomorrow, we try the damn machine again.

Talk to you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

2 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, October 20, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Kate,
I have several people wanting to be adopted this week! LOL My daughter doesn't know about the afghan yet, at least I don't think she reads my blog.
I am addicted to free form crochet. It is so relaxing for me to just pick up a color and see where it goes.
Knitting with sticks is sometimes what is necessary!
Deb

 
At 10:19 PM, October 20, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

I'm sensing a little stress coming from your direction. Take a deep breath and then a big snort of whiskey! Repeat 3 times and then pick up the needles and begin knittng. It always works for me!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home