Wednesday, October 12, 2005

OddBall, you need a 12 step programme...


Oh, yes, I need more yarn...

Last night was my first meeting with the Town & Country Machine Knitters Guild. It was good and I tied with a lady named Shirley for first place with my Show & Tell contributions. I brought in my baby sweaters, in spite of the fact that none of them had buttons on them and all have varying degrees of mistakes and ooopses on them.

I wanted to bring the Entrelac hat with me for Show Off and Tell but, once again, my ambition outstripped my production capacity by a factor of 3:1. Someday this will all be simple for me, I’m sure of it. In the meanwhile, I slog on at my snail‘s pace.

There’s a big knitting festival at the Fredericton Public Library, bottom of Carleton St, on Saturday, Oct 15, for all of you in the central New Brunswick region. There will be a table of sample goods, several lectures on the historical origins of knitting, both hand knitting and the machine variety. The display opens at 10 am and goes until 5 pm. All welcome, so please drop in.

I won’t be in attendance since I’m working nights both Friday and Saturday night and the 7.5 minutes I will be conscious between those two shifts will be spend at the Yarn Guy’s annual appearance in Fredericton. Annually, the Designer Weavers Guild brings in The Yarn Guy. I have no idea what his name is. I don’t think I’ve ever heard it. He’s just the Yarn Guy. And in the tradition of the travelling peddler, his arrival is much anticipated because he brings all kinds of cool coned yarns with him. And he sells them. Unlike certain Liz peoples who just hoard the stuff in their cupboard and never let their bestest friend ever have the cone of copper stuff that has been coveted a full 12 months now.

I say this like I need more yarn. What I need is a psychiatrist. This is starting to look like some kind of disorder that probably needs Valium or something.

I have to work the next 4 days and I’m training a new staff member, so I’m going to assume that I’ll have no patience or capacity to knit until next set of days off.

Talk to you'se all laters; thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home