Thursday, November 10, 2005

I'm back at it


New scarf

I’ve tried writing this ‘Blog several times this week but my life is so boring, I fell asleep at the keyboard each time. Work, it seems, is conspiring to interfere with my ability to screw around and just do what I want all day. The nerve of them there bastards!

Okay, I’ve been on a major hand knitting binge, having been humbled once again by The Machine. Last night, having slept for the first time in what feels like months, I’m all ready to have at the Universe. Today, I’m feeling like I can take on the world so I’m tackling The Machine again. The real incentive: Machine Knitters guild meeting is on Monday and I have nothing for show and tell. I can’t very well show up there on Monday and announce “Hi, I’m Kate and I’m a total loser.” Nothing like having your pride on the line to get you off your ass.


Details, details...


In any event, here’s the latest scarf offering. I’ve got about another 6 inches to do on it. It’s done in Paton’s Galaxy, a yarn I was so prepared to utterly hate but fell in love with last year. Just to give it a little textural interest, I’ve randomly inserted a row of elongated stitches, roughly every 4-6 rows.

In any event, I’m off to stare down The Machine. Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

2 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, November 11, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Kate,
love the handknit scarves. That machine will become your playground soon!
Deb

 
At 11:42 AM, November 11, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

There's nothing like a deadline to get your ass movin' and your hands/machine knittin'!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home