Sunday, November 27, 2005

The OddBall is Ruffled


Four thousand, seven hundred and thirty rows later...


While faithful readers of this ‘Blog might have reason to fear that the Odd Ball has tossed in the knitted towel and taken up tatting as a means of preserving her (in)sanity, fear not. The OddBall still knits.

Some time tonight, when I get off my ass and do the Donebuts, I’ll post the hand knitting I’ve been labouring at but in the meanwhile, I wish to crow about the machine. I’m going to have to send said machine into the shop because I don’t think the memory drum is working right. I decided this after the second crack at this felted, ruffled scarf that I’ve been working on for a week. My machine is supposed to be able to do slip stitch patterns with a punch card but it was not working. It wasn’t knitting it; it was just eating the yarn. Originally, I blamed me and sat down and very carefully repunched the card. Nothing doing, it was still eating the yarn.

Fortified by several cans of Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale, the OddBall cried, "What the hell?" and threw herself at the machine. I know how to do short row knitting on the machine without a damn card and so I did. Four thousand, seven hundred and thirty some rows of it, to be exact. Now, it’s merely a matter of putting the scarf together and then having it not felt in the washing machine like everything else I’ve ever tried to felt.

I do have incentive to get it done today. Liz and I are scheduled for coffee tomorrow morning and I want to show off. She’s up to her ass in alligators getting ready for a Christmas craft show next week and I’ve been busy saving the world, training others to save the world and torturing small bits of yarn.

Talk to you’se all laters when I get this damn thing out of the washing machine. Thanks for reading.

2 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, December 02, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

yes the coffee was good the damned scarf is going to be gorgeous, and the f$^%$^* craft show will happen, if the d^*&^(&^(*6 bags will felt and dry in less than 24 hours. Oh and I threw out my neck shoulder and everything else functional before tagging a goddamned thing
But you know that as you watched me do that stupid lift your coffee and smile at the same time thing in public so you have to look like a gimpy assed fool .
joe says that attempting to turn me to stone was a bit drastic by the way

 
At 8:16 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

Apparently, Joe hasn't listened to enough of your jokes to understand that 'turning you to stone' is legally classified as a form of self defense.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home