Sunday, December 04, 2005

The ker-ruffle continues...


Help, my mother's an OddBall.

It’s hard to hold your head up in public when your mother is a certified Weirdo. Get used to it, kid…I haven’t hit menopause yet. There’s plenty more wacky where that came from. I've still got a full complement of estrogen -- wait until that stuff starts running low.

On the knitting front, one would think that 4,738 rows of knitting would suffice for a scarf. WRONG. It was about half enough for a scarf. I suspect the writers and editorial staff at KnitWords have their head firmly up their keister. In the instructions for this Rufflemania Scarf (page 10), they give the pre felting dimension of this scarf at 7 x 78”. After felting, it’s supposed to come in at 5 x 72”. We’ll see when I haul mine out of the washing machine, but I’m willing to bet that I’m going to see a whole lot more shrinkage in the felting process than 8%. In any event, the 4738 rows of short row ruffle was NOT enough. I ended up knitting another zillion miles of it.

I also figured out (I think) a better way of putting this thing together. I had most of a ball of wool left so I did up my way and put it into felt with the other one.

Of course, given my track record with the felting, I suspect I just wasted a week’s worth of time and 400 grams of otherwise innocent wool. We’ll see. We’re officially in spin mode now.

Enough with the commentary from the cheap seats! And that includes you, Liz.

Talk at you’se laters; thanks for reading.

4 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger jackie said...

Does she ever look impressed with you!

 
At 1:23 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Diana said...

The look on O's face is priceless! Be sure to post a pic after felting.

I have all my Donebuts completed! Yipppeee!

 
At 8:39 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

One in every freaking crowd...how about I mail you my donebuts...

 
At 8:36 PM, December 07, 2005, Blogger Liz said...

Qui? moi? comment? mais non mon cherie, mais non

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home