Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas ...


Merry Odd Ball Christmas...


‘Twas the night before Christmas,
And what was a-happenin’?
The OddBall was knitting,
Instead of a-napping.


Actually, for a change, this is not the case. The last two days have been most disconcerting because I’ve been done and ready to roll. No chucking things at my head because the only reason I’m ahead of the game is I’m working this Christmas and what wasn’t done by the 22nd wouldn’t be done.

Lots didn’t get done. Which is fine because I think people won’t remember what I didn’t do but are likely to remember if I completely blow a gasket and strangle some unsuspecting person with my headset. Self-induced stress is not a viable homicide defence in most jurisdictions.
Not that I’m normally in such a gruesome mood for the holidays -- it just the TV is all sweetness and light these days and I’m sorely short of my daily diet of mayhem and murder.

Oh, and for the general amusement of all…I spent the past month knitting like a woman possessed. I made 3 hats and assorted scarves for co-workers. The plan was to post the accomplishments to the ‘Blog when I finally unchained myself from the knitting machine. Alas, the night of the 22nd came and went and in my frenzy to get the damn things wrapped to take to work for 0700h on the 23rd, I completely forgot to photograph them. I'll try to sneak in some 'found in the wild" shots if I locate them again, now that they've grown up and moved on .

Yeah, typical. It’s not the I lose my mind over the holidays -- this is pretty much a 365 day a year performance. In any event, co-workers liked my presents. I got some cool things back in return.

I’ll get back to the ‘Blogging after Christmas. I’m off to Halifax (weather permitting) to visit my sister and her pig. NO, that is not disparaging remarks about my really sweet brother-in-law or any of my three totally great nephews. Wait until the next blog -- I’ll send pictures. I’m knitting the pig a coat. Seriously. Ask Liz.

All right now, time to go make stuffing for that bird. What the hell was I thinking? I lost my mind in the grocery store and bought -- get this -- a 9.83 kg -- that’s 21 lbs for turkey -- for 3 people’s Christmas dinner. Am I mad? Don’t answer that!

Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

And everyone, have a Merry, and possibly even a tasteful, Christmas holiday. For those of you who don’t celebrate, have a good week in spite of it all. Would you care for a turkey sandwich anyway??

PS: Like the art behind the tree? Silas Robinson -- remember the name. He's a lad who's going places.

1 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, December 26, 2005, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Kate,
Merry Christmas to you and yours! Today is the 26th and we are only partly done here, the extended family madness is yet to come. We do grab box gifts, everybody brings something small, sometimes gag gifts, and they get stolen from one another, it is fun.
Deb

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home