Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Mid-week OddBall update


The much needed 3rd hand


The Irish Hiking Scarf is done …well, I’m still doing the tassels as of this writing. I’m here to say that the knitting machine makes for an excellent tassel template. Everything holds STILL while you tie off the top portion. I’m a-liking it.


Progress on the pig jacket: It’s still coming. Slowly. I need more teal yarn…Liz, road trip. Screw classes -- this is an official B&L emergency, baby. There’s a pig out there with cold parts.


The shawl the THF is getting


On the other, non-knitting-ish front, the Tyler Hamilton Foundation agreed to take one of my shawls for their annual fundraiser/auction/whatever. I have no idea how they’re going to dispose of it, nor do I really care. They can hold a bonfire for all it matters here in OddBall land.


The shawl I'm still building for the THF


Unfortunately, and much to my disappointment, I didn’t finish the purple silk shawl I had started for them. The border is still being vexatious. Typical, isn’t it? The first 5.5 feet went swimmingly; the last 3 inches might be the death of me yet.

My mother was a very good cook and a very accomplished baker. So, it became a bit of a family joke that her only kitchen disasters would inevitably when she was cooking and baking for a church supper. Things like power failures just as the bread had been put in the oven, pies overflow, salt containers and sugar get swapped. She even had an expression for it. “If you’re cooking for the Lord, the Devil’s in the kitchen”.

Personally, I think the Devil’s taken up knitting.

Never fear, I’ve yet to let a hunk of string beat me yet and I’ll be dipped if this one starts it. The Foundation will get their shawl; it’s just behind schedule in a huge way.

In any event, it’s workies tonight so I need to go grab a nap. Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

5 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Diana said...

I love the colors of the pig jacket. But I still think you are missing a marble or two! Were you sober when you decided to cast on for the jacket?

 
At 4:50 PM, January 11, 2006, Anonymous The Hubby said...

She was on her annual clean out her sisters booze supply over christmass when she decided to do it.

 
At 1:55 AM, January 12, 2006, Blogger Severina said...

It's nice to know a wonky knitting machine is good for something. Gives me hope for that lousy hobby knitter crap-thing I wasted money on years ago.

I coulda bought yarn with that.

 
At 4:13 AM, January 14, 2006, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

I haven't made a sweater for anything other than a bear, teddy bear that is.
I hope you get the shawl done, for the Lord or whoever bids the highest!
Deb

 
At 11:15 PM, January 16, 2006, Blogger dancingbarefoot said...

Now there's a use for a knitting machine that I've never heard of before!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home