Tuesday, January 31, 2006

On and on and on and on ...


More of the same


It’s more of the same on the OddBall front. I’ve got more of the filet crochet part of the border done and am now plotting doing a second bit. The other night, Liz and I went out and I think the decision on dye has been finalized. We’re going to go with silver grey for this section. It fits because silver is the second colour on this shawl. I have a silver medallion that will be placed in the centre of the vortex of the shawl.

Nothing terribly exciting other than I finished the belly band for the pig jacket. Unfortunately, Willie’s Momma is going to be away this weekend, so my plans to go to Halifax and fit the pig are on hold. Best laid plans of mice, men and apparently, swine.

Short post today because I’m a total idiot and seem to have to crochet every single row about 8 times. Why? Because I don’t have the sense to follow the pattern. I think the problem is I’m now comfortable enough doing the stitch that I just get in a trace like state and zip, zip, zip right along. Unfortunately, I zig when I should be zagging.

In any event, it’s back to the grind. Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

6 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Diana said...

Kate,

You march to the beat of a different drum. So it only makes sense that you zig when you should zag! LOL! Can't wait to see the finished product.

 
At 10:30 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Severina said...

Oh I know that trance. It's great for spinning yarn but doesn't work so hot following a pattern. A couple weeks ago I knit & frogged a two color rose patterned tam at least 75 times. That was just the first row. I bet you probably heard me shreiking & cursing all the way up there.

 
At 11:12 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

yes, and it's still going on. Today's activity was ripping out about 15 rows because, apparently, I can't count to 4 without assistance. I'm going to pour myself a drink. I should know better than try to do this shit sober.

 
At 9:15 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

I am impressed! It is really beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing the whole thing. I must admit that I am having a kind of "getting the blind man to describe the elephant" sort of time imagining what "THE SHAWL" looks like. Don't you DARE send it off without letting me see it! And I have to admit that I am a bit curious. How many miles of border do you figure that you have crocheted so far?

 
At 9:30 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

As of 9 am today, I have 26 inches of the "word section" of the border done, which I estimate to be about 2/3 of the requirement for that part. In total, the border will be approximately 17 feet in length. It's hard to tell because the circular part of the shawl is still on needles.

 
At 9:06 PM, March 14, 2006, Anonymous Willie's Momma said...

You should be advised that Willie LOVES his coat. We had crappy weather again today and he refuses to go out the front door without his cloak.

Now if I could just teach the cloven hooved little fu**er to quit tipping the kitchen garbage can over when I am out of the house, he might live to see summer.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home