Sunday, January 29, 2006

Shawl border breakthrough achieved!!!


My weekend thus far

It was another one of those OddBall domestic moments last night . I was in the living room, sitting crosslegged on the couch, knitting needles in hand, reference books scattered to both sides, and a pencil in my mouth. The OddBall IT and Technical Support Division has his back to me while he made ‘click, click’ sounds on the computer. Background ambience was provided by the dialogue of back to back episodes of the Law & Order franchise.

I was really frustrated because between my notes, the books and the knitting, something was dreadfully wrong and I’d be dipped if I could figure it out. I had ripped and knitted and tinked and knit and ripped some more, recounted stitches and knit again. I consulted and re-consulted the books and suddenly, voila, there it was. The mistake, in all its glory.

“YO!”, I yelped.

“What?” came the mumble from the corner. Apparently, my little shriek of discovery had interrupted the Conquest of the Universe, Part 1569.

“No, not you. It’s YO.”

“Yeah, YO. What in hell is a YO”.

“Yarn Over. I dropped one.”

A moment of silence ensued. “Sounds dangerous. Try not to put your back out chasing that thing.”

For the record, I’m not the only member of the OddBall Crib who employs sarcasm with abandon. But alas, the YO was recovered and the knitting continued until I decided to temporarily kick the OddBall IT and Technical Support Division off the computer long enough to type up what I had figured out all ready. As you can see, a few adjustments have been made along the way but more or less, I’ve got this border sorted.



And it looks like this - unblocked of course


I need to do a few more repeats of it to see if it’s going to be wide enough or if I need to stick in another line of do-hickies but it puts you in the general ballpark.

Well, today we’re off for a family fun day at the Fredericton Police Force Charity Hockey game. Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

2 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, January 31, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

At first glance, your pattern looks like a musical score,much gone over and corrected.What were you knitting to?

 
At 7:51 AM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

The theme music to Law & Order .

But, yes, that's exactly what it looks like, a musical composition. And to your other comment about crochet, we need to get together soon for stitch'n bitch and I'll try to learn yas this filet crochet.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home