Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Another 8 rows, another 8 rows, another 8...


I'm with ya, brother

This painting by Thom Evans captures exactly how I feel right now. It's midnight. I've knit all day. I feel I'm no farther ahead than I was this morning. Realistically, I am. I'm about a foot farther than I was yesterday but we are approaching that horrid stage of OH MY GOD THIS IS NEVER GOING TO END. EVER.

There's not even any sense in posting a current picture of the shawl because it looks exactly like it did yesterday. Well, you'd literally need a landmark to figure out the difference.

Why? Why? Why do I do this to myself...apparently, I have a masochist streak that had been hereto unknown to me. Someone, quick, tell me it's for charity. It's for a good cause. I am so freaking sick and tired of this border, I can't even start to describe how much I'm done with it. I really need to finish this before the end of the next century.

Oh well, I'm just going to keep at it. I've done this enough to know that there's only one way out of this mess that doesn't involve a 5-litre can of gasoline and a box of safety matches.

Okay, I'm going to go knit for another hour and then lay me down to sleep. And then toss and turn worrying about this stupid ass border. Talk to you'se laters; thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, March 01, 2006, Blogger Diana said...

Keep up the great work on it! It will be well worth it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home