Sunday, February 26, 2006

The End is Nigh


Better than gold anyday


By general observation, I think it’s safe to say that most who signed up for the knitting Olympics didn’t make the finish line by deadline. The one exception would be CanKNITian who finished her project. Me? Not even close so I don’t qualify for a medal or a button. It’s okay, I have a basket of crocuses instead.

How much of it do I have done? Well, in the OddBall universe, these Olympics don’t end until I’m off shift tomorrow morning. Today is not finished until I go to sleep and that isn’t yet. Right now, it’s 3:28 pm and I’m almost ready to tackle breakfast.

Right now, I’ve got about one third of it done. I’d have done a bit better but last night, I lost the needle and by the time I’d recovered ALL the stitches, I had lost about 10 inches of knit border.

It's pretty

I have noticed two ‘splots’ in the main body of the shawl which I have to figure out how to repair. They’re very noticeable and while they would be simple to fix if I was working with wool, I suspect this won’t be so easy on silk. Something else for me to worry about. Good because fretting about peace in the middle East was getting tedious.

Anyway, it’s a working day so I need to hit the shower and contemplate what this tribe of rabid hyenas I live with are eating for dinner. I mean other than “chicken” because that’s what’s defrosted.

Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading

5 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, February 26, 2006, Anonymous canknitian said...

I may have finished, but I know you knit thousands and thousands more stitches than I did! So, congratulations to you from me -- I'm looking forward to seeing how much further along you are at the end of your day. ;)

 
At 4:13 AM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Kate,
I sent a link to my scarf pattern, something easy for you to tackle to be sure. It was my olypics knit, but I had to write up the pattern to quality!
Deb

 
At 6:11 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger dancingbarefoot said...

That's stunning! You should be proud of such lovely handiwork, complete or no.

 
At 7:28 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Severina said...

Very nice! I'm considering knitting a round shawl thingy sometime.

That might just be the delerium of failure talking... I got at least 4/5 of the way done.

Dammit.

 
At 11:00 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

Kate,
Hey thanks for the payment, it was not necessary, but quite thoughtful!
your shawl is looking fantastic! I think that edging is one of the more impressive knits I have seen in a long long time!
Deb

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home