Thursday, February 23, 2006

Okay, whose idea was this, anyway?


Yummy


For those of you who’ve had enough of Winter, Olympics and/or Winter Olympics, and just need a bit of summer sunshine in your life, be-bop over to Jackie’s blog and download, copy, chisel unto stone tablets, her recipe for vegetable soup. Oh, yes, Momma, it’s a keeper. It’s a potful as you can see. And yes, that is the spoon standing up. This is no wimpy soup. It’s a meal. Eat your heart out, Campbells.


Different kind of yummy


Well, I’ll be. Apparently, this Knitting Winter Olympic project, you know the one where you cast on at the torch lighting and cast off when they snuff the thing…there’s a hitch. And that hitch would be you’re required to cast on and cast off during the SAME Olympics. I mean, who the hell came up with that dumbassed idea.

Okay, we’ve got three days left to go in this Olympics. I’ve got a meter of border done. I have 9 million meters left to knit and about a billion DoneButs™ that aren't done. So which Olympics are we aiming for cast off? I’m thinking Vancouver 2010 is sounding good. I mean, we could get all rushy-rushy here and try to have it done by closing ceremonies of Beijing 2008 but haste makes waste, right?

I’m back to work tomorrow. Apparently, the plague that infested me has run its course and I’m back to feeling human. I’m sure that’s the problem with this deadline thing -- I was too sick to drink and it’s had a negative impact on productivity. That’s the problem with us amateurs. We have no means of dealing with these last minute adjustments.

Talk to you’se laters; thanks for reading.

4 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, February 24, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

Glad you liked the soup. It is yummy isn't it. Did you add mushrooms? I know that you have a fondness for them.
The shawl is BEAUTIFUL! It looks so much better off the needles. No wonder it has taken you so long,

 
At 10:08 PM, February 24, 2006, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

Yeah, it was EXACTLY your recipe, except I had a portobello mushroom and instead of onions, I used some leeks I needed to use up and I had some vegetable juice that needed to be finished off and I was out of potatoes but had some mashed potato flakes. ... but other than that, it was exactly the same, except I toss in a dash of Louisiana hot sauce. It's SOUP...it's supposed to morph from version to version.

 
At 9:18 AM, February 25, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

I just thought that I saw suspicious mushroom shaped pieces in you pot. And of course soup is suppose to morph. Kind of like chili or spagetti sauce. That's what it's all about!

 
At 7:29 PM, February 25, 2006, Blogger dancingbarefoot said...

That soup looks fantastic!

Vancouver 2010 is sounding more and more feasible for me. :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home