Sunday, February 19, 2006

Warning: Duller than ditchwater still ahead


Day 9

Contrary to Jackie’s dire predictions of two million stitches left to go, left in the comments section of Feb 18, I think I’m actually down to under 75 000 stitches left in the shawl border. Now there’s a nice manageable number for you.

Today’s the start of days off and I’ve had a nice little sleeps, thank you. I’m predicting a rather productive set of days off, given that the only pressing demand on my time is one trip to the orthodontist to have half of Home Hardware and three-quarters of my chequing account installed in Ditto’s mouth. Ahhhh, the joys of motherhood -- I’m sure it ranks right up there with labour pains, something I had the sense to skip all together.


Blocked

I blocked the filet crochet bit, all four feet of it, and I think the installation is going to happen tomorrow. I just have to think of how I’m going to attach it. The options are knit it on, crochet it on, or sew it in. Right now, I’m leaning to the sewing option for sheer simplicity. The conundrum, however, does give me something to mull over while I’m knitting because we’re getting to the point where it’s just becoming tedious and repetitious. Never fear, mind-numbingly-bore-the-enamel-right-off-your-teeth is only about three days away. Some silly expression comes to mind about the journey being as interesting as the destination springs into mind. Obviously, a statement made by some fool who never picked up a set of knitting needles.


An ironing board full

I did have a momentary panic attack when I started mentally debating if I had enough of the purple silk to finish the boarder. I’m one of these people that if I don’t have a zillion tons of the stuff on hand, I start fretting. I was starting to work out my contingency plans of what to do if this whole thing went to hell in a hand basket and I was short enough yarn. Thankfully, I found another 100 grams or so which means I’ve officially got enough and then some.

The border is weighing in at the 17 inch mark. I’m to the point where I’ve got it memorized except there’s one section on rows 3 and 5 where I still get a bit confused. And there’s one YO that keeps wanting to commit suicide on the wrong sided rows. But other than that, there’s not much to say other than I need to get back at it.

Just a reminder: the online auction for the Tyler Hamilton Foundation is a little better than half over. Lots of cool stuff there, including a felted handbag donated by Sarah Oliver.

Talk to you all tomorrow; thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, February 20, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

So I exagerated a bit, but not by much it seems. The crochet part looks good.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home