Thursday, March 16, 2006

Had it...totally and completely HAD IT


You think taxes are tough? Try knitting, buddy.

Through me the way into the suffering city,
Through me the way to the eternal pain,
Through me the way that runs among the lost.
Justice urged on my high artificer;
My maker was divine authority,
The highest wisdom, and the primal love.
Before me nothing but eternal things were made,
And I endure eternally.
Abandon every hope, ye who enter here.

Well, OddBall, where are you with the progress on this shawl, conceived and executed in the Firth Circle of Hell, the place where sinners are doomed to an eternity of useless labour to atone for their slothfulness of life? Hmmmm… how else would one describe this ever blessed shawl than a "useless labour".

I‘m not done. I‘m not ever going to finish this ever-loving thing. I’m at that horrid stage. About six stages past the “I want to strangle myself with the yarn" stage and two stops to the left of the “I’m considering gouging out my liver with these needles” stage. If you’ve ever knit a big, incredibly tedious and unspeakably repetitive piece of knitting, you know what I mean.

Let me put it this way, this afternoon I had to make the choice between scrubbing the kitchen floor and sitting with a nice cup of tea and knitting for a couple of hours. The scrub bucket won out. Now that’s desperation.

Okay, enough with the lollygagging with the computer. It’s back to the needles for this OddBall. Talk at you'se all laters (provided Blogger isn't on strike) and thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, March 18, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

The floor probably needed it anyway, and from the sounds of it, you definatly needed a break. Wize choice

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home