Monday, March 06, 2006

More of the same


This is working for me

There's not much to report other than I'm further along than I was yesterday. It's the same old same old, just farther down the road. I'm officially past the half way marker of the filet crochet border.


Where we stand now

When the lower part of the filet crochet border is finished, I'll be 3/4s of the way done. That still sounds like an awful lot of knitting to me.

In any event, it's onward bound. I think I'm actually going to survive this project but it's between my two night shifts, so this OddBall is back to bed. Talk to you'se all laters; thanks for reading.

5 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, March 06, 2006, Blogger Severina said...

Now that's a lot of shawl! How many balls of silk so far? Mmmmm silk...

My opinion on shawls is that there's just no point in making a wimpy little decorative thing. I'd better be able to whip that sucker around me dramatically--and take out a few innocent bystanders on the way.

It would probably take me a year to knit one.

 
At 5:10 PM, March 06, 2006, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

Currently, the shawl weighs about 375 grams. I expect I have about another 25 grams left to knit.

You, Liz & I have the same opinion on shawl sizes...Go big or don't bother. Obviously, this hasn't been blocked yet but it's going to check in right around the 2 meter in diameter mark.

 
At 9:34 PM, March 06, 2006, Blogger Severina said...

This is probably the same reason I have for not making those cute little fashion-accessory scarves that match all my outfits. If I'm cold I want a warm scarf, dammit! So therefore I tend to make scarves that drag the ground and get full of leaves and snag in bus doors.
Isn't that the way Isadora Duncan died?

 
At 7:02 AM, March 07, 2006, Anonymous Dipsy D. said...

Wow, your shawl is getting along so fine - it seems such a hard bit of work, but the end result is definitely worth it! I love the color you chose, by the way!
Have fun knitting, and best wishes from Austria!

 
At 9:54 AM, March 07, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

Looking good!

and

Better you than me;)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home