Thursday, March 02, 2006

Now that hurts.


It's getting there

Proof at last to me that I’m getting somewhere with this project. On the right is what was formerly a 100g ball of silk. On the left, for comparison, the size of the 100 g balls. We are getting somewhere, oh yes, we are.

See, the one on the right is actually smaller…that’s because it’s all knotted up in the border. I want to print this out poster size and pin it to something.

We are approaching a major milestone right now. I’m within 10 inches of marrying up to the filet crochet. Obviously, there’s going to be a bit of short row knitting to navigate the connection.


A milestone approaches


Time frame for this blessed event? I have no idea. Tonight, my hands are tingling and there’s an ache in my right elbow. I’m going to stop for today and see how I feel in the morning.

In the meanwhile, there’s beer to be drunk. I’ve decided that was the problem with the whole Olympic thing. I was way too sober. Talk to you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

3 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, March 02, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

The border is beautiful.

 
At 7:44 PM, March 03, 2006, Blogger Severina said...

Knit knit knit! You can see the finish!

I'm still working on ONE short sleeve for that fool 1940's sweater, which will be too warm to wear by the time I'm done.

Cripes, I've also got something like 13,739 boxes to pack this weekend & friends to bribe with tacos and eggrolls to help tote all those boxes up four flights of stairs next Sat.

 
At 7:37 AM, March 04, 2006, Blogger Dudleyspinner's Tie Dye Rovings said...

My lace knitting is about 12 ounces of handspun into a shawl that I just had to make. It is slow going, but one stitch at a time, its getting somewhere!
Deb

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home