Thursday, March 30, 2006

An OddBall Easter Egg Hunt


Some Odd little Easter Eggs

The front door at the OddBall crib is looking distinctly...well, Valentine'ish and it is, by my reckoning, well past Valentine's Day. I've got the Tyler Hamilton Foundation shawl under semi-control, at least until my days off and well, things just need a little sprucing up.

All signs that spring has sprung are here. The days are getting longer. I'm not going to work and from work in the dark. The OddBall IT and Technical Support Division is commuting to work on his bike. And there's barely a blade of grass left unburnt on the northside of Fredericton.

Needing something to keep me occupied and awake on these long night shifts, in between dispatching crews to YET ANOTHER BLOODY grass fire, I took up crocheting Easter eggs and/or cat toys.


Supposed to look like this when done

Not rocket science. Not design genius but fits in my purse and is not a lifetime commitment. Unlike some shawls I could mention.

Well, it's time to get ready for worky-worky again. Last night shift...oh yes! Talk at you'se laters; thanks for reading.



9 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, March 30, 2006, Blogger Liz said...

wtf is that. Im callin you. life is tooooo short to crochet easter eggs.

 
At 9:19 AM, March 31, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

You should do some in brightly coloured mohair. There's just something about little fuzzy hanging eggs that speak to me.

 
At 9:19 AM, March 31, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

Don't hit me.

 
At 3:04 PM, March 31, 2006, Blogger Liz said...

oooh fuzzy eggs dangling.....

 
At 2:48 AM, April 01, 2006, Blogger Diana said...

In my senior moments, I didn't remember that you were a hooker. And your making eggs? I never really understood what the Easter bunny has to do with eggs.

 
At 11:25 AM, April 01, 2006, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

I'm a new hooker. Not a virgin hooker...that shawl took care of that bit but a new to the life hooker.

Gee, good thing this is a family friendly blog.

 
At 11:34 PM, April 01, 2006, Blogger Cynthia said...

Kate, I am so happy to help out with your husband - tee hee! Anytime he needs a recharge send him on over! Love your blog by the way (wish I could have emailed you; you seem like a lot of fun!) Thanks for checking me out!

 
At 12:19 AM, April 02, 2006, Blogger Severina said...

When I was a kid I used to crochet Easter bunnies. I would cram a bunny into one of those plastic Easter eggs and shove that inside a crocheted chicken.

I had only a vague idea how eggs and chickens worked, apparently.

 
At 3:01 PM, April 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"just something about little fuzzy hanging eggs that speak to me"
lol big time! No offence Jackie..who could resist such a comment...Mme Filet, in Penniac

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home