Saturday, March 25, 2006

Something's being accomplished here


Lots of colours

In a frenzy of semi-productivity, Ditto and I tackled some fluff dying yesterday and it turned out well. She’s pretty good at coming up with colour ideas and we had fun. And for the record, she’s not the one who ended up with the red-violet streak up her left arm to near the elbow. Sheeeesh.

Don’t ask me about the pink. It’s Serendipink. When I emptied all the steamed packages of fluff, there was so leftover dye that I dumped into the dye kettle. When I was cleaning up, I looked and thought “Oh, what the hell?” and chucked in a skein of B&L and some fluff. It’s the prettiest shade of pink ever and I have absolutely no idea of how to recreate it.

Like you were expecting this to be some kind of professional outfit or what?


Ditto learns the dyer's trade


I had to laugh at Oneida. The other day when I was packaging fluff to take to Singer’s, it was the huge whine fest when I asked her to help me out. So I did the packaging that night and in the morning before I delivered it to Trish. Then I dropped the bomb shell on her -- I got paid for my work and had she contributed some of the labour, I would have paid her some of the money as well. She was totally put out that she missed the chance for some moolah. Ha-ha-ha. Momma gets the last laugh. Again.

Today she’s off the NB Scots Dance Elite Dance camp and when I dropped her off, she was too grown up and cool to kiss me goodbye. Sigh…where did the time go?

Talk to you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

4 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, March 26, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

Mistery colours are fun to use arn't they. I've done it too. After a dyefest last summer, I had between a few teaspoons and a few table spooons of various blues and yellows and I think a little fuscia. So I borrowed the oddball cry of " What the hell" and dumped them all in the same bottle. The result was the richest green I have ever seen. Could I do it again? Not on your life. Another entry for the journal of unreproduciable results.

 
At 12:26 PM, March 26, 2006, Blogger Diana said...

Beee-utiful pink! Which brand of dyes do you use? And by the way, Ditto is a cutie!

 
At 12:51 PM, March 26, 2006, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

Mostly, they are Majik Carpet Acid dyes, available at a lot of locations. The light green-blue to the immediate bottom left and the two shades of grey to the right (sandwiched between the orange and the bright blue) is Gaywool Dye. I bought the carpet dyes from London-Wul farms when I was there this summer and Gaywool I order from Copper Moose in Vertmont via eBay. Highly recommend him as a seller -- his service is very good. I usually buy Canadian when I can (more about duty and taxes than patriotism...particularly when you're talking about Australian dyes) but I've no complaints whatsoever about Cooper Moose.

 
At 1:45 PM, March 26, 2006, Blogger dbbookwurm said...

I like your site. I am a crochetoholic and I agree with your scarf theory. I am in So. CA and even though it is a warm state living near the beach is always cooler and I am never without my faithful scarves. I am new to blogging and just posted one of my own. But I do not know how to arrange my site??? Oh well "trial and error" I guess. I too am a middle-aged, overwieight, women who loves meeting new friends!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home