Thursday, March 23, 2006

Success is spelled with a capital $


All the pretty colours


So, you might ask, what’s been new on the OddBall front? It turns out, a fair bit. I’ve made my leap to the big leagues. First, my concert photo from the Great Big Sea concert made it to the Great Big Website. Oneida is pretty thrilled by it. Actually, it’s the second time I’ve had a photo published. Last year, the posters for the Fredericton Craft Festival had one of my pics as a centre shot.

Second point of yahooed-ness is that Trish at the Singer Store on York St, Fredericton is now carrying my hand dyed needle felting fluff for the Fredericton area. Nothing like the cha-chinga-ching of cold hard cash hitting the arse pocket of the jeans to validate one’s sense of being an artist.


Now at Singer Fredericton


I’m reminded of Stephen King’s wise words about professional art and artisans. He was being interviewed about what makes a person a “real writer” and he said, in effect, that if someone wrote you a cheque for the words you wrote and you cashed that cheque and paid the light bill with the proceeds, you were a professional writer.

I paid Oneida’s dental bill.

In any event, I have a couple of hours left before Oneida gets home from school and with any luck at all, I will manage to finish the knitting on that shawl for the Tyler Hamilton Foundation.

Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

3 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

You paid her dental bill???? How much fluff did you sell anyway? And was it gold lined?

 
At 10:38 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

It wasn't the orthodontist's bill. I still need to work for the City to pull that one off. Oneida had a regular dental check up -- the kind that sets you back less than $100 as opposed to the 'I've bought cars that cost me less than that" kind.

 
At 11:05 AM, March 24, 2006, Anonymous canknitian said...

I saw the fluff yesterday when I dropped by the store. It's beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home