Sunday, April 30, 2006

Month end wrap up


Done beading

Yes, yes, yes, I know, I’ve been a very bad Blogger. Negligent even.

Things around the Knittery have been going great guns, other than I haven’t got off my can long enough to write about it. The first announcement, and this really ought to be proceeded by a drum roll and/or flashes of lightening…

The beading on The Shawl That Time Forgot is done.

As in

Done.

Let me translate that for the members of the audience still too hung over to fully comprehend…

DONE.

The beading, that is. 175 little dangly bits later, what still awaits? I need to make the central medallion and install it and I need to sew the storage bag. I’m thinking it’s all do-able. Watch this space for the date and time of the launch party, which will be at the Lunar Rogue because that’s where they have the best selection of Scotch whiskey in town. We’ll drop a dram or two and seal the sucker into a big-assed box and then it’s all point, click and ship to Colorado and it officially becomes the property and problem of the Tyler Hamilton Foundation. Enjoy.

Would I do it again? Probably not for a couple of weeks, although I confess, I’ve got a couple of ideas kicking around in my head… I know. I really need to have a safe dropped on my head or something to knock some sense into me.



Big ol' pile o'socks

It’ll be a while before I tackle another charity project. Right now, I need to spend some time on ME. One of the things that needs to be done in the next two weeks is completing my application for the Fredericton Arts Alliance Artist in Residence program. I would like to do a one-week residency this summer down in the Soldiers’ Barracks region of the Garrison District in Fredericton. It’s part of the tourist thing and I think it would be a blast. Applications are due on May 15th which means I really need to get cracking.

I’m all into the felted socks these days. I think I’ll make Christmas socks for sale and do a series of them for the Residency program. They’re nice, an easy project that doesn’t involve 175 beading points and I can finish in less that 8 months. Right now, these attributes are terribly attractive to me. I wonder why?

I haven’t done any more on the Therapy sock, but it’s night shift tonight so I might get a bit done on it. It’s grass fire season so we’re rather hopping in that department.

In the meanwhile, the weather has been great, my asthma has been behaving and I’m spending a lot of time on Duchess. It’s so nice to go for a bike ride and have my legs hurt before my lungs.

Well, I need to get back to the knitting machine and see if I can’t finish the sock I started this morning. I’d like to have a load of socks to felt and decorate on my days off. It would also be great to get a little ride in before I need my nap.

Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

6 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, April 30, 2006, Blogger Severina said...

Socks on a knitting machine--what will they think of next? You've got a double-bed machine, right?

I've just reached the "holes made on purpose" point and I while I was waiting for the damn phone guy this morning I made cables. I'm still figuring out what this vintage jobby does. Supposedly I can do argyle, should the need arise. Maybe there will be some sort of argyle emergency.

I probably haven't gotten to the page in the manual where you add the alcohol.

 
At 11:59 PM, April 30, 2006, Blogger Diana said...

So you are going to spend time this summer in some soldiers' barracks... Now that sounds like fun!

 
At 5:08 AM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

Old soldiers at that...I'm not the spring chicken I used to be.

 
At 7:48 AM, May 01, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

Wahhhhooo!

 
At 9:14 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Severina said...

I completely missed the soldiers' barracks bit! I'm getting slack in my old age...

 
At 9:42 AM, May 04, 2006, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

Severina...that's what we have Diana for..to keep the rest of us sharp.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home