Thursday, April 06, 2006

Where's the beading fairy when you need her?


Shiny shiny, pretty things

Liz is waiting for the kitchen demolition fairies to arrive at her place. I sit in hope of the beading fairy’s imminent arrival. I’ve been waiting a week now and still, alas, I think she has me on ignore. That or the kitch on the front door has scared hell out of her and she’s not stepping foot in this joint for fear it will completely trash her reputation as having any taste whatsoever.

So, if the silk shawl for the Tyler Hamilton Foundation is ever going to get beaded, I’d best be picking up the needle and thread and having at it. I’ve been collecting the beads, mostly freshwater pearls, for a year now and I have loads of them. Of course, there had to be a snafu in it somewhere. I bought a whack of lilac and silver cathedral beads -- whack being defined as 150 -- and when they arrived, I knew they were perfect for this project. Unfortunately, I have 175 beading points around the circumference and my bead dealer has no more of them in stock. In retrospect, just as well as they are pretty heavy.

I started a bit tonight and my intention is to work most of tomorrow on it. I’m not working as I switched shifts with a co-worker. Besides, it’s going to bloody snow and I’m not biking in that crap voluntarily. It’s bad enough doing it because I have to get to work.

Only thing on the agenda is Ditto’s orthodontic appointment in the afternoon. There’s some possibility I might actually accomplish something over the next couple of days. Everyone, cross your fingers but please, don’t hold your breath. I’d hate to have the guilt of THAT on my conscience.

Talk to you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

4 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, April 06, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

Pretty shinies! Really pretty. Have fun beading.

I've been waiting for the floor fairy and her well known, but rarely seen friend, the de-cluttering fairy. Some one must have pressed them all in a book. Damn.

And last but not least.....Sarah Maloney.

 
At 10:40 AM, April 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so the odd ball knows It did not snow. It was a nice cold rain on the way in today. So you can get out an go for a ride. IT support division still waiting for a sweater for the cold bike rides in.

 
At 11:10 AM, April 06, 2006, Blogger Liz said...

f'n cold where i sit. Walked downtown with the boy and it is wet and cold and miserable. No biking for you.And how is it that I didn notice chocolate in trish's window????

 
At 12:07 AM, April 07, 2006, Blogger Liz said...

the damned decluttering faeries are avoiding George street as well. I think I lost a kid in here today.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home