Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Details, details, details


C'est moi

Holy blooming foliage!!! Asthma season is in high gear. Every wheezer I know, including myself, was gasping today. Hopefully, it will soon be past us all.

Other than sticking close to my inhalers, it’s been a good day. The Shawl That Time Forgot arrived in Boulder without any horror stories to accompany it. I received an email from Deirdre Moynihan from the Tyler Hamilton Foundation saying they won’t be raffling it off this weekend. She has other plans for it and that’s fine with me. It’s just nice to know it found its way to its new home.

Today was a day where I did pretty much a whole lot of nothing. Given the state of my lungs, I decided not to use the knitting machine. A lot of wool dust gets thrown up when I’m knitting and it’s just not worth the agony. So I did some other things.

One was making hang tags. I’ve only been threatening to do that for about six months now. It was one of those little jobs that kept getting shuffled to the bottom of the deck. One of those “I need to do that tomorrow” deals where tomorrow never actually arrives. Today, it was tomorrow and I did the deed.

I’d like to say it was because I had a sudden attack of productivity but actually, it’s about the fact that I finally got off my can and opened an Etsy shop. eBay just didn’t do much for me -- like it didn’t work whatsoever. My listings never listed properly and after listing twice, I just said ‘forget this shite’ and moved on. The Etsy thing makes way more sense for handcraft. It doesn’t make a lot of sense for me to be ‘competing’ where off-shore knock-off crap is being sold for 99 cents. At least on Etsy, I’m in the proper category - handcraft by artisans. Besides, the listings stay on for six months or until they’re sold. In any event, hang tags were now a necessity and now they are done.

So how do you all like the new layout for the Blog? It’s spring and I’ve had the same design for the past year. I decided to give the place a new coat of paint and freshen it up a bit.

I’ve got a couple of socks to sew up so I’d best get back at it. Talk at you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

4 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, May 24, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

I like the new look. Nice looking hang tags too. I am impressed that you managed to get anything done yesterday. Over here it is not weezing so much as sneezing and nose dripping.

 
At 8:37 AM, May 24, 2006, Anonymous The Hubby said...

Another year has past and still no sweater.

 
At 12:30 AM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Liz said...

i am soo buying him a sweater for christmas. sorry B I am committment shy, can't begin to knit it. It will have to be true love and a whole lotta cashola before I put yarn to sticks on that kind of project.
Love ya!
Thing two

 
At 12:48 PM, May 27, 2006, Blogger Cynthia said...

Hey I love your new look! I have to say that I love the tags too and I am heading over to check out your etsy. Tell your hubby that the chick with all that wool still hasn't knit her husband a sweater either this year (I do plan to and there is alot of wool here with his name on it...) - you're busy! Maybe he could take up knitting.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home