Sunday, May 14, 2006

A glorious OddBall moment


One Done Shawl

Probably a day late and a dollar short, but finally, finally, FINALLY, the shawl for the Tyler Hamilton Foundation is done. I mean, Done...

yeeeeerpss...one moment please...

Apparently, the photographer has found a missed beading point. But other than that, it is done. I mean, really done.

Except for the blocking. But, but, but..you bunch of nay-sayers....on the bright side we've pretty much figured out the HOW we're going to block this monster. Unblocked, it's kicking in at excess of 6 feet in diameter. I don't have that much uninterupted flat surface anywhere in the house. I think we're looking at a good 7 feet in diameter when it's all said and done so we (that would be Liz, Jackie, and me) are building a blocking frame for it, probably next week.

But that's on next week's "to do" list. This week's "to do" list was to complete and submit the application for the Artist's Residency at the Soldiers Barracks' Casemates. It's done. It's sent. It's so over.

In any event, it's bed time for this Bonzo because I'm working days tomorrow and the wakey-waky bit is at a ridiculous hour. Talk at you'se all laters; thanks for reading.

4 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, May 15, 2006, Blogger Diana said...

That is one hell of a kick-ass shawl. It is absolutely gorgeous. I can't believe you stuck with it and finished it. At my house, it would be sitting in a corner wadded up in a ball!

Congrats on such a beautiful shawl. Don't forget to show us pictures of it in the blocking state.

 
At 9:39 AM, May 16, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

It is a wonderful shawl. And having seen it in person, I have no frickin' idea of how Kate can let it go.

 
At 9:01 PM, May 16, 2006, Blogger Severina said...

Dang it, girl, that's a lot of gorgeous shawl! I certainly would have given up on it quite a while back...

So what's the next monster project?

I like to have one ginormous project plus a couple dozen little ones going all at once so I can have some variety in my unfinished abandoned unmentionables.

 
At 11:04 PM, May 16, 2006, Blogger Liz said...

she will be blocking the GD shawl next payday. Dammit.
I need to see it stretched all to hell, lying in the sun on george street. I have the power tools, I have the know how. She needs to come here, with one by twos and a big ole bottle( gin or vodka, let me know I will stock mix accordingly) btw jackie ain't into the blue stuf, she get's wheezy, its t'other stuff she needs. Ya know the green bottle stuff. oh dammit caller and ask. we cannot drink beer. this is definately a cocktail moment. y'all are gonna have to shave yer legs an' act like LADIES.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home