Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Catch up


Blocking the Blues

Yeah, I know. As ‘Bloggers go, I suck this month. I’ve been negligent. It happens and happily, this time it’s happened because I’m actually getting something done. This would be quite distinct from the number of times I’ve been a Bad Blogger for no reason other than I’m laying in the foetal position in the middle of the living room floor sucking my thumb over something.

The Felted Briefcase, after several attempts and no small amount of cursing, is felted. It’s not exactly in its finalized briefcase format because…well, I just haven’t got it that far yet, now have I? I’m waiting for hardware to arrive and the pieces are still drying.


Miss Flirty Ruffles turns 135

Miss Flirty Ruffles is mid-way through Chart 4 of 873. Actually, it’s not that bad. I’m 135 rows into the 236 rows for the main body. Note to non-knitters: that’s not anywhere near half ways because I’m knitting a triangle and it gets bigger by 4 stitches every 2 rows. In yarn terms, I’m about ½ way through Ball # 1 of 3. It’s moved onto the circulars which makes it much nicer for knitting.

I’ve been reading some of the Amazing Lace columns and it seems that a lot of knitters, lace knitters anyway, hate Addi needles. I’m of the “you’ll get my Addi-Turbos when you pry them from my cold, dead hand” school myself. Apparently, they prefer Inox needles because they have a sharper point. I need to check these out for myself at some point, but it’s not today. Doesn’t help that my LYS doesn’t carry Inox. In the meanwhile, Miss Flirty and I are going great guns with the Addis.

And I’m still knitting samples for the Shetland lace display at the NB Highland Games. In short, I'm too busy knitting to write about it. Next week, I’m going to be equally negligent. It’s the time of year for the OddBall Family to literally pack up the tent and go play in the rain -- yup, it’s les vacances de la famille Excentrique, heading to the fogbanks of the Bay of Fundy for a week. All members of the tribe are expected to survive the experience, only because Momma will be packing the gin.

Talk to you’se all laters; thanks for reading.

10 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger Sachi said...

Please share your pattern sorce with me for that lovely lace!!!! I've been searching the world high and low for the PERFECT lace project for some yummy yarn I picked up. I think this might just be it. Don't make me beg. It won't be pretty. :-)

 
At 2:54 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

It's Fiddlesticks Knitting.com and the pattern is Flirty Ruffles. Don't let the 'high' sticker price on the pattern put you off. These patterns are worth every cent of the purchase price. The charts are generously sized, the instructions are clear and the designer assumes you're not an expert lace knitter to start with. This is the first pattern I've bought from the company but I've recommended them to several people now. Believe me, it won't the the last pattern I buy here. This one has the OddBall seal of approval.

PS: It's an easy pattern as well. 17 stitch repeat, patterning on the odd rows only.

 
At 5:08 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger dancingbarefoot said...

Miss Flirty Ruffles is looking hot for her age! (Seriously, that's beautiful lace!)

I love my Addi Turbos. Inox is ok for some things, but nothing's as smooth as the Addis.

 
At 5:40 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger JennyRaye said...

Love me some Addi Turbos!!! Your lace is beautiful!!!!

 
At 9:15 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger Liz said...

hmmph 135, well then. makes my 16 rows of sock look like a babe in arms.
best get knittin. aftre i plant cammie some fleurs, and sew thirty seven thousand bags

 
At 12:24 AM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Dave said...

Miss Flirty is looking might good. I assume you'll have her finished when you come back from les vacances?

 
At 1:26 AM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

Hell, no, Dave. Vacation is for doing sample for that Shetland lace exhibit that I talked myself right into. Like I was in my right mind, or something.

 
At 9:09 AM, June 22, 2006, Blogger jackie said...

Can't wait to see that shawl. Mine, of course, is still in ball and stick form. After my disaster with the lace socks, I have to take a deep breath and look for some uninterrupted knitting time. Maybe around September.

 
At 9:37 AM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Kate, the Odd Ball Knitter said...

Yes, Jackie can rest since she managed to seduce me into the lace shawl madness. Remember me, I was in sock knitting mode until you lured me over to your place with patterns...

 
At 11:23 PM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Severina said...

Ooooh, I've done the lace patt Miss Flirty Ruffles is sportin' and now I'm tempted to go and have a look-see at the Fiddlesticks page.

Like I need another project.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home